Engine cutting after start when at idle, and only idle.....anyone experience this? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine cutting after start when at idle, and only idle.....anyone experience this?

Ok, this just started a week ago and thought maybe you all could offer some insight. My bike will cut, as if the kill switch has been toggled after start, sometimes within a second of start, sometimes after a few mins. It will do it with the engine cold and the engine warm. Its only at idle and very sporadic, with any throttle applied it wont happen and I am yet to have it happen while riding at a stop light.
My mods are a two brothers slip and the two brothers juice box. I thought it could have been fuel coking on the nozzles but it runs super smooth. I put engine fuel system cleaner in it just for safety of mind, and it didnt work. I think its the kill switch itself.
I've learned that switches if not toggled for long periods can oxidize making the electrical connection weak, and my bike is sadly an outdoor bike, making this very possible. Toggling the switch multiple times can clear the oxidization and after doing this I cant tell if it worked or not, whatever. I know the problem is fuel delivery because the bike turns just fine as if the switch were in "kill" after dying and trying to restart.
One more reason why i think its that fuckin switch is this. The sound the bike makes, that wirr of the fuel injection system when you turn the key on initially, after the bike dies, it immediately makes that noise.

Any insight? Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like you have it figured out. Most ppl post up, "my bike dies and I don't know why?" And then give a poor explination of what is going on.

You, however, have explained in good detail the problem and I think you're right about the kill switch. Toggling it will always prime the fuel pump. The only other thing that would do that is the ignition switch. If that was causing the problem, you'd see the tach sweep everytime the fuel pump primed. If you don't see the sweep, then I'd say the kill switch.

Fix would either be take it apart and clean it or buy a new one. Ebay or somewhere.

Ride hard today, Ride harder tomorrow,!
Walk close to Christ today, Walk closer tomorrow

How to fix headlights... Dreamzboy's excellent write-up
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=138034
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks man, I appreciate the help, i'm gunna look into it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page