05 with tab cracked off frame - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
05 with tab cracked off frame

Picked up the bike this weekend and didn't notice this tab busted off on the front of the frame that hold the front lights, cluster, and plastic all on and up. Tab broke off right through the middle of where the bolt threads into which is causeing the nose to dip down about 1". Only reason it doesn't go down farther is that the frame sliders are holding the plastic up from the side.

Wondering if anyone had this issue after a crash or something similar. Buddy of mine told me to go to the autoparts store and pick up the puddy for fixing gas tanks and just mold a new tab onto there. Wondering if this would hold with all the vibrations and weight of the front or no fat chance in hell?

I will get pictures up later tonight after work since it was to dark last night and none came out good.

Let me know your thoughts.

Julian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey bro mine did the same thing and yes the put will work just fine but you wont be able to do wheelies and stuff like that because the weight when comming back down will break it but yeah mush the putty completly form the mount give it a night to dry sand it shap it drill and tap the hole and you will be good to go
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blueR6 View Post
hey bro mine did the same thing and yes the put will work just fine but you wont be able to do wheelies and stuff like that because the weight when comming back down will break it but yeah mush the putty completly form the mount give it a night to dry sand it shap it drill and tap the hole and you will be good to go
You wouldn't happen to know what its called would you? Don't plan on doing wheelies anytime soon and if and when I plan on it I should have a welder that can do aluminum by then.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Knee Dragger

not off the top of my head but if you go to walmart or any store that sells JB weld it would be in that section, it comes in a tube and I think its called Epoxy but it looks like a log of playdoe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Knee Dragger

oh and when you use it where gloves because that stuff gets hot after mushing it together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page