halo lights problem! HELP - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
halo lights problem! HELP

so i bought the quad CCFL light kit for my cbr and for some reason one of the outside lights won't work.

http://www.a1asportbike.com/HONDA_CB...204%20ccfl.htm

i wired them as such: both sets of lights go to a transformer (2 lights= 1 transformer..... 4 lights= 2 transformers. each transformer had a red live wire and a black ground wire. i joined both live wires together and put that 10 guage wire wire to a switch then to a fuze that was supplied by the manufacturer, then to the + side of the battery. I then joined both black/negative wires and sent that directly to the - side of the battery. 3 of the 4 lights work but 1 does not and it is not the transformers because I plugged the working lights into both transformers and the lights still worked. I'm not sure if its the light itself becuase i had a set of the exact same thing in my previous bike and the exact same thing happened.... im not sure if its my wiring or if i just have really bad luck with bad lights. please help.

btw- the manufacturer thinks its the transformers but i know for a fact this is not the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its either a bad light or the transformer take them of and try it solo on each side first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page