HELP! Turn signals stopped working after rain! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP! Turn signals stopped working after rain!

Hey guys, need some help! My turn signals worked fine yesterday...then today it rained, and on my way to work trying to use the turn signals they dont work. When I started the bike the Gauge cluster backlight was flickering for a while. Turn signal, signals on cluster don't light up when I turn them on, nor do my signals flash or turn on at all. Headlights and tail light works fine. They are aftermarket hotbodies flushmounts. I did not install them they were on there when I bought it....

Anyone in San Antonio that might be able to help? I'm not mechanically inclined on this baby yet...And I live in an apartment complex and don't feel like removing all the fairings and lose something in the parking lot and have my bike scattered around. Any help whether it be tips or actually hands on help would be greatly appreciated!

Damn I can't wait until september when I get a place with a garage!!!

MSF BRC Grad.

Gear: Alpinestar Textile RC1, ICON Rockets Dead Glare helmet, A* A-10 pants, A* SP-2 Gloves, A* S-Mx2 Boots!!!

Mods: Puig DB Black, Arrow slip-on, Relocated license plate, Front/Rear flush mounts, PCIII, Speedo-Healer, Vortex -1/+2 Sprocket change, RK Chain, K&N Air Filter, Frame Sliders, HIDs, GPR Stabilizer.

Last edited by espy59lc; 07-31-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
check the easiest thing first...the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Thanks thats the first thing I was going to check when I get up...

Also, the guy before me had LEDs rigged up thru the bike around the bike under the fairings, and he just cut them out b/c he didn't want them anymore...I noticed a cut wire hanging buy my kick-stand yesterday as well...maybe this has something to do with it....?

MSF BRC Grad.

Gear: Alpinestar Textile RC1, ICON Rockets Dead Glare helmet, A* A-10 pants, A* SP-2 Gloves, A* S-Mx2 Boots!!!

Mods: Puig DB Black, Arrow slip-on, Relocated license plate, Front/Rear flush mounts, PCIII, Speedo-Healer, Vortex -1/+2 Sprocket change, RK Chain, K&N Air Filter, Frame Sliders, HIDs, GPR Stabilizer.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

repost #1 (10.....)

MSF BRC Grad.

Last edited by espy59lc; 07-31-2009 at 04:33 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

repost #2 (10......)

MSF BRC Grad.

Last edited by espy59lc; 07-31-2009 at 04:33 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by espy59lc View Post
Thanks thats the first thing I was going to check when I get up...Is the fuse box hard to get to?

Also, the guy before me had LEDs rigged up thru the bike around the bike under the fairings, and he just cut them out b/c he didn't want them anymore...I noticed a cut wire hanging buy my kick-stand yesterday as well...maybe this has something to do with it....?
fuse box is under the seat and another under the upper left mid fairing under the ram air duct.

it could possibly do it. is the wiring hanging bare wire at the end? it could have touched metal and shorted out.

Quote:
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 AM
Moto GP Racer

lmfao...im gonna start callin you the repost king. haha

Quote:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
lmfao...im gonna start callin you the repost king. haha
haha sorry dude! I was clicking on the damn button b/c it wasn't showing it was loading to the next page! And then...BAM! 3 posts!:all_cohol

Yes, the wire is bare at the end. I just thought to myself when I saw it "I should probably cap or tape the end of that tomorrow!" **Tomorrow comes** RAIN!!!!! lol.

MSF BRC Grad.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
haha sorry dude! I was clicking on the damn button b/c it wasn't showing it was loading to the next page! And then...BAM! 3 posts!:all_cohol

Yes, the wire is bare at the end. I just thought to myself when I saw it "I should probably cap or tape the end of that tomorrow!" **Tomorrow comes** RAIN!!!!! lol.
thats most likely your problem. probably shorted out.
if i was at home i could look up and tell you where that wire goes electrically. but im not. :all_cohol

Quote:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
thats most likely your problem. probably shorted out.
if i was at home i could look up and tell you where that wire goes electrically. but im not. :all_cohol
lol Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it. I'll let you know what I find out!

:all_cohol=

MSF BRC Grad.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
lol Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it. I'll let you know what I find out!

:all_cohol=
werd up mang!

Quote:
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 AM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Remove the bodywork and check the wiring on the bike. Buying second hand you do this because you don't have any idea how they hooked up these parts. Could have duct tape wrapped around the wires, you don't know. T

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Similar to this, I just installed a speedohealer and noticed upon reassembly that my front too flashers aren't working and the indicators are flashing faster. Do the front and rear flashers run individual fuses? Or did I dislodge something?

Thanks.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

To access the Fuse box on the left side under the left mid fairing...can I just remove the 3 bolts 2 tabs and the 1 rear bolt to take the mid off or do I need to take other fairings off as well?

MSF BRC Grad.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Use a penny and remove the big bolt where your knee is when riding. You can pull the fairing out and see the fuse box. Check your wiring first. Replacing a fuse on a shorted wire is just going to blow another fuse... You already stated he cut wires off the led's on the bottom of the bike.. Save yourself the trouble and fix the problem.. T

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Yeah I just taped the end of that wire off for now. Took the tail fairing off, looked at all the wires and everything looks fine back there...I just wish it wasn't so hot outside, because I don't want to do all of this in a parking lot in high 90's heat...this sucks. I might just call and have someone else remove that useless wire and replace the fuse. I really don't have the time to do all of this today...damn lol

MSF BRC Grad.

Last edited by espy59lc; 07-31-2009 at 03:33 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

ok did some more research. Its the fuse...b/c my horn nor my brake light work = blown fuse. Off to the store to get some fuses, specifically 10A!

MSF BRC Grad.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Ok, fuse was blown, replaced it, horn and brake light now work...Front Left turn signal=not working, Rear Left = working, Front Right = Came on for a little bit then went out, Rear Right flashed for a little bit then faded out....Gonna go thru maybe tomorrow and take that LED wire out and then go thru all the wires...

sweating my a$$ off, burnt my finger, half of what I wanted to fix is fixed, the rest not...ughhhh

MSF BRC Grad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page