'05 keeps blowing fuel pump fuse - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 keeps blowing fuel pump fuse

I really could use some help guys! I have an '05 600rr and it keeps blowing fuel pump fuses. It seems to go out when i hit a rough part of the track and the bike just shuts down (stranded me twice in the farthest corner from pit out, no fun). This past Sunday I wanted to ride so bad that I was about to tape a wrench and box of fuses to the gas tank lol Thankfully we had another bike with us. We lifted the tank at the track and a couple of us traced all the wires and connections and they looked good. I cut off the BAS and secured those wires a few track days ago and also removed the kickstand sensor and connected those wires securely. Any idea how i can figure out what keeps blowing the fuse? I hope i dont need to replace the pump itself. Its just me working on it (my roomates just tell me to light it on fire) I hope i can get it up and running by labor day weekend. If anyone has some ideas please let me know.Thank you soooo much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if all your wires look good than it shouldn't be shorting out somewhere. In this case it almost seems that the pump is drawing too much. You said it goes out when you hit a rough part of the track? This points me in the direction of a short but you have that covered. Is the fuse you are using of the correct amperage?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Yea I have been using 20amps. I figured it was a short since it was only happening when i hit rough spots and I had to hit them pretty hard but two of my friends ran the wires while I was out on the GSXR. I'm personally gonna run the wires again, I really trust these guys that they said it all looked good but it may be something they missed. Do you think the pump could be going bad or probably not the problem?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
doubt it's the pump. if you've never had probs before the hacking of wires/sensors, and all of a sudden ran into these problems after the modifications...it's definitely a short or loose wire/wire connection. i'd double check those wire connections (hope it's not just twisted together and ghetto taped) or even remove it alltogether and rerun the wires myself to make sure it's all correct..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Used a volt tester and found the issue at the fuel cut and engine stop relay. Turns out the guy I bought the bike off shredded the harness just above the relays and taped over them pretty expertly to where it looked factory until you started cutting through it and found pretty much every wire destroyed. Sneaky, sneaky. Thanks for all of your help guys, really appreciate it :) Kinda surprised the bike ran at all with the wires looking the way they did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page