Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gas Mileage/Gas meter
I just bought my newish 04cbrrr and have put on about 4-500 miles. (mileage is 7500) The problem is that I have been filling the tank every 100 miles. When I fill the tank I only put in about 2.3-2.7 gallons depending on how low I am to empty due to meter saying i am low to empty. My gas guage tells me that the tank is empty, and when I look in the tank it looks pretty empty. ...Now I used to have a 99 R6 and I would get 160-180 miles per tank so I know these bikes are capable of that amount.
I also know that the tank is a 4.3 gallon tank, so why am I running out of gas so quickly?
1. Is my meter malfunctioning? --
2. Is my bike tuned badly for some reason?
3. Someone is playing a joke on me and put a spacer in the tank. (not likely)
1. The meter works fine, but may be incorectly calibrated
2. The bike is not spitting flames, so its not dumping fuel into the cylinders
3. We can rule that out as a joke.
Does anyone have any clue, or share the same problem?