Really Need Help with my RR4 - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really Need Help with my RR4

I Ride my RR4 quite frequently and have had it serviced by a Honda dealership about a month ago. The bike has just past 20k and has been absolutely fine until about a week ago when I replaced the battery from the dealer again.

1st problem to happen was Intermittent. I found that every now and then when I accelerated hard the bike seemed to judder almost like something is stuck half open. It felt that I was not receiving all the power available and then it would kick back in again.

2nd problem was today when I got back from a ride. I left the bike out to cool down and it was raining but when I went out 2-3 hours later to put it back in the garage the bike wouldn't start. This has happened quite a few times whereby I have had to bump it to get it going while I have been out. This time though the battery was completely dead so I have taken it off to put it on charge.

3rd problem was that when I tried to move the bike back after removing the battery, it would move around 2 yards and then the back wheel would lock up. Treble checked that the bike was not in gear. In gear the bike would not move nowhere near as much. I even pulled the clutch in to try to move the bike and once again a few yards and the wheel would lock up.

I really don't know where to start apart from the battery. anyone had any of these symptoms. All suggestions/advice appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First... make sure the connections to the battery are tight. As far as moving it... once it stops moving... you need to lift the bike on stands and find out if its front wheel or rear. Maybe look for bent brake rotors but they would have to be really bad to keep you from pushing the bike.

Ride hard today, Ride harder tomorrow,!
Walk close to Christ today, Walk closer tomorrow

How to fix headlights... Dreamzboy's excellent write-up
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=138034
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All sorted now. The battery I originally bought from the dealer and fitted was faulty so I took it back and exchanged it. Put the new one in and hey presto all the juddering and hesitation has gone when accelerating hard.

As for the Rear wheel locking up I feel like a bit of an idiot. lol . Even though I thought I accounted for all bolts when changing the battery it appeared that one had decided fall and wedge itself onto one of the teeth on the front sprocket. how this happened I do not know and what are the chances!

Anyways, Took her out for a spin 2day and its back to its normal self. I'm loving every second of it! thanks for the suggestions guys.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page