FI/OIL light on constantly - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
FI/OIL light on constantly

Hey,

First off, I have used search.

I have a PC3 installed, and I have checked all my connections; they all seem good. The bike runs fine, except that it WILL NOT rev past 12,500- which almost leads me to believe there is a problem with the fuel (either the pump, or the upper injectors).

I'm running Road Atlanta come Friday. Please help me out and suggest things that I may have missed.

Best,
Garrison

Who are these people? These faces? Where did they come from? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas, and sweet Jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at 4:30 on a Sunday morning. Still humping the American dream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Take the PC3 off ride the bike and see if its any different if its acts the same then its not the PC3
if its rides better and the light goes away then its the PC3

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I went ahead and pulled out everything, then put it together meticulously. The bike will now rev past 12,500 (beautifully, in fact), but the light is still on. Also, I learned I do not have a MAP sensor, nor do I know what one does.

Anyway, if it'll run I'm fine with that. Race bikes and OEM ECM's can't be expected to always get along.

Who are these people? These faces? Where did they come from? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas, and sweet Jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at 4:30 on a Sunday morning. Still humping the American dream.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Demented

You need a MAP sensor for the bike to run right. It detects the vacuum at the intake manifold. Without one, it will set a DTC and the bike will run in limp mode to prevent any damage to the bike since the MAP sensor is valuable for the a/f ratio.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the little fuel icon on the dash coming on when u turn the bike on is normal, since the engine isnt running there is no oil pressure, put it in neutral and have the kick stand down and watch the MIL light(the light that is red) and it should blink, count the blinks and watch for how long the blinks are and ref. to your manual for the condition. if it doesnt blink or anything you're gonna have to take it to your local dealership and have them run it on a HDS to link up to the ECM, and if you don't have a map sensor order one or your bike will just use the last known altitude map
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooka View Post
the little fuel icon on the dash coming on when u turn the bike on is normal, since the engine isnt running there is no oil pressure, put it in neutral and have the kick stand down and watch the MIL light(the light that is red) and it should blink, count the blinks and watch for how long the blinks are and ref. to your manual for the condition. if it doesnt blink or anything you're gonna have to take it to your local dealership and have them run it on a HDS to link up to the ECM, and if you don't have a map sensor order one or your bike will just use the last known altitude map
There are no stored altitude maps in the ECU. There is only a limp mode which severely retards the engine performance to prevent more damage internally if any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page