Battery Concern - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Battery Concern

I have been away with work for the last couple of months and due to the short notice nature of my travel didn't have the chance to connect up a battery tender to the bike. I have returned to find the bike completely dead (as I expected to be honest). Today I connected up a charger and I will leave that until it's happy again.

However my concern is with the alarm/immobiliser, I have a Datatool System 3 fitted. Before I connected the bike up to charge I tried to disable the alarm and put it in service mode, however it did not respond at all, turning the ignition on gives no response at all either.

Is it just that the battery is completely drained and I will have to wait, or should I at least get some response?

Does the System 3 have any internal battery/power? Could that have drained too?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CremeEgg View Post
I have been away with work for the last couple of months and due to the short notice nature of my travel didn't have the chance to connect up a battery tender to the bike. I have returned to find the bike completely dead (as I expected to be honest). Today I connected up a charger and I will leave that until it's happy again.

However my concern is with the alarm/immobiliser, I have a Datatool System 3 fitted. Before I connected the bike up to charge I tried to disable the alarm and put it in service mode, however it did not respond at all, turning the ignition on gives no response at all either.

Is it just that the battery is completely drained and I will have to wait, or should I at least get some response?

Does the System 3 have any internal battery/power? Could that have drained too?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Never even heard of Datatool System 3 (UK company I presume?) so I can't speak for that. But as far as your battery goes, are you charging it on the bike? Or did you remove the battery from the bike? Because if you are charging it on the bike, you should be able to at least key the ignition to see if the fuel pump primes, lights go on, etc..

**2006 with Repsol kit**
-Full Akra Ti exhaust
-PCIII
-Flush Mounts
-DIY O2 sensor eliminator
-DIY FE
-Tripage Hugger LED mod (SICK!)
-EVAP canister GONE (must-do for aftermarket plastics on CA bikes)
-6k HIDs
-1/+2 520 conversion
-Black chinese rearsets
-Tinted DB windshield

My $.99 DIY O2 (oxygen) sensor eliminator
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the reply, yes it is a UK company. Also yes I am charging on the bike.

I did a hunt around on the net while I had a little time and I've read something about "spiking" the alarm/immobiliser by charging without it being in service mode.

I've found some instructions on de-spiking so will have to try that tomorrow when it's light again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page