Jump start went wrong  - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jump start went wrong 

Hello guys, I did something stupid. Tried to jump start my 07 600rr using my car. The car engine was off but I made a wrong hook up ( connected positive to negative instead of positive to positive and negative to negative ).

I didn’t realize the wrong hook up and I tried to start the bike but nothing happened, then I saw what I have done. Disconnected the wires, tried to start the bike …nothing. From other posts in here I understand that I should cheek the fuses …. No luck with that… the fuses ar all intact…even the 30 amp. Then I changed the battery and all the fuses ( from my friend who has a bike just like mine with a god battery )actually I exchanged everything, including the diode and the relays too …. No luck with that either. The bike is dead…. The only thing that still works is the red blinking light and the clock.
Is like the bike doesn’t recognize the key anymore ( I lost my spear key..can’t tray another key ) , What could be wrong ? …. Beside the fuses and lose wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Demented

Double check all of your fuses by pulling them out and examining then. If all fuses are indeed good, hook up a volt meter to your battery and see if it reads voltage. You could have damaged the internal cells in the battery . If that checks out, do you have a friend with a 07-10 600rr? Snag his ECU and see if your bike starts if so.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Demented is right, probably fried your ECU.

08 CBR600RR Red/Black
Akrapovik Slip-On
Scorpio SR-i900R
1000RR Mirrors w/Signals
Proton Flushmounts
CNR Shorty Levers
Shogun Crash Kit
eGay FE Kit

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

10x a lot guys for your quick replays, actually it was the main 30 amp fuse...., i didn't know where it was ( i thought that the green 30 amp fuse that was visible under the seat was the working fuse, in fact that is the spear :)) ) - you can imagine how stupid i felt when i discovered that the real 30 amp fuse is well hidden into a box like thing ( probably is the starter, i don't know ) next to the negative pol of the battery.
Well that was for me..... glad that it wasn't the ECU :)) .... this should help other newbs like me to find the 30 amp fuse :P
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
haha, i bet you feel a sh|t ton better now tho dont you.

pay attention next time

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Training Wheel Hero

let us know how it turns out
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^he already did
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumaxu View Post
10x a lot guys for your quick replays, actually it was the main 30 amp fuse...., i didn't know where it was ( i thought that the green 30 amp fuse that was visible under the seat was the working fuse, in fact that is the spear :)) ) - you can imagine how stupid i felt when i discovered that the real 30 amp fuse is well hidden into a box like thing ( probably is the starter, i don't know ) next to the negative pol of the battery.
Well that was for me..... glad that it wasn't the ECU :)) .... this should help other newbs like me to find the 30 amp fuse :P
I did the same thing. Had the bike stripped naked in the garage chasing electrical issues for a week before I found that 30 amp fuse. I need to buy a shop manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page