Vibrations of an unknown source! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vibrations of an unknown source!

Ok here is the deal. I laid my bike down last year on the left side. I was going about 20 around a turn popped the clutch and locked up the rear tire. Fortunately the only thing that was hurt was my bike, I was only emotional scarred. It was a pretty forceful fall though cracked my upper stay in two, along with my head light and upper fairing, and basically flattened all plastics and metal brackets on the left side. I have been doing all the work myself to piece my baby back together with those crappy fairing sets off of ebay (they actually look really nice but the fit is very temperamental) and a new OEM honda upper stay, headlight housing, and mid stay bracket. I have torqued everything properly as well as applied loc-tite where needed. Buuut since the epic lay down I have been have pretty bad vibrations in both of the handle bars. Its pretty noticeable around 30-45mph but its the worst at 60-80 (it stops above 80mph). Along with the vibration I can definitely hear something vibrating on the left side of the bike. I tried probing with my hand while riding to figure out where the noise is coming from but between the hot engine and not wanting to crash again I figured I'd ask you all for answer! Oh and its a 2003 600rr! Pleeease help! A little vibration wont keep me off the road but I would like to ride vibration free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
maybe your wheel balancing weights got knocked off the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page