Had to make a challenging title to get you guys to chim in
. Still doubt anyone could troubleshoot this.
EDIT: Videos added in posts 7 and 8
I spent the last 4 days researching on the .net about buzzing noises before making this thread b/c I tried all the solutions. Here are a few facts:
- Sounds like its coming from the front end - the cluster or triple tree
- Buzzing starts immediately upon hitting 5k rpm.
- It sounds like keys hitting the triple tree. Only problem is I only have one key in the ignition, the bike key.
- Its not the windscreen or the tank cover.
- The buzz is there when I rev the bike in idle as well as when Im riding.
- Its NOT temperature related. I always warm up the bike to operating temp before riding but in an attempt to experiment, I rode the bike cold and the noise was still there.
- I thought it would be a CCT but its coming from the front end, not the right side of the bike.
- NO impact on performance.
- When Im in 1st gear and riding at any rpm higher than 5k and let it drop down by itself, at the 5k rpm range I hear it. Its also evident downshifting from 2nd to 1st.
Lots of you may tell me not to worry about it but its driving me crazy and I know bikes make noises but this isnt a normal noise.
I'm tempted to say its the one key in the ignition making noise. I took apart the front and thoroughly inspected everything that could make noise and found nothing.