Radiator Bracket - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radiator Bracket

I am in the process of my 04 re-build and I was doing some work on the bike the other day and I came across a problem that needs to be addressed before I can complete the project.

I was taking my radiator off the other day so I could drain for a flush and also access my plugs to change them out and I realized that one of the brackets on the top of the radiator was actually broke off. The bolt was still in place just the bracket was disconnected from the radiator.

My question is, would something like JB Weld be strong enough to fix this or should I seek out a welder who can actually weld the bracket back on?

Looking for some suggestions on what you guys think... Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Training Wheel Hero

tyjack09,

I think JB Weld would probably work due to the nature of where you would be applying it and the fact that there isn't a whole lot of stress in that area, I would just be worried about the vibration. If you have quick, cheap access to a welder, it would definitely be the best option; otherwise, have you ever heard of Quick Steel epoxy? It's a product that comes in a tube and it's used for scenarios like yours, but the end result actually looks like it was welded and it's SUPER strong. It's like a clay that you knead and then apply around the area and it can be molded to any shape before it dries. I think it takes around 15 minutes to dry and there's no mess at all since it's a clay/putty. it's great stuff from what I hear, I will include a link of it on Amazon below, hope this helps!

http://www.amazon.com/CarGo-Chemical.../dp/B0002KNVI6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Good stuff.... Thanks my friend. I will look into this stuff as well. Honestly, I would like to find a welder that can do it, but if I am unable to find one to do it for a reasonable price, I needed to look at other options. JB Weld is all I knew of until now. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page