what is this on my bike? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what is this on my bike?

i have a 2005 cbr600rr i bought it used and always saw this thing and thought it belonged on the bike. i thought it was part of the wiring harness until i bought a new one that didnt have it. i went to my local dealership and they had no idea. i wonder if anyone out there has this installed and know exactly what it is. I thought mabye lojack??

Last edited by skyler; 05-11-2010 at 08:10 PM.
skyler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Turnerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 288
Images: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turnerman is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Knee Dragger
 
sykoburbia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its LoJack

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/tcb/GetTcb...9;IDIM5EVLU-05'

2008 Orange/Black
MC Creations CF Side tank panels
MC Creations CF Rear Hugger
MC Creations CF Chain Guard
MC Creations CF Sprocket Cover
MC Creations Frame Plugs
Two Brother M-2
Rizoma Sport line grips
Rizoma Conical Bar Ends
LSL sliders
Stomp Grips
HR CF Tank pad
RC Fend eliminator
GC Flush mounts LED
Shorty rear turn signal LED
PCIII
Seat Cowl
-rear pegs
-heat sheild




R.I.P.
2003 Red/Black
#1054
sykoburbia is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so i guess i should keep it. i know nothing of lo jack so am i able to call the company and re use it? or should i just throw it away
skyler is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Turnerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 288
Images: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd think you'd be safe as long as you've registered your bike.

2012 Ducati EVO Corse SE
Termignoni Exhaust /Custom FE

SOLD - 2009 Metallic Black 600 RR with ABS
- Hotbodies smoked windscreen & flushmounts
- CBRHeaven FE and undertail kit
- Leo Vince SBK Oval Carbon - Insert Comparison Video
- DDM 35w 8K HIDs
Nikon D80 - Nikkor f3.5 20-80mm, f2.8 80-200mm
Turnerman is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
struckbylitenin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Jersey-856
Posts: 6,211
Thanks: 36
Thanked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you should actually remove those pictures from your post... genius.. lol

probably asap...

.

Last edited by struckbylitenin; 05-11-2010 at 05:47 PM.
struckbylitenin is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
why should i remove the pics? im new to this
skyler is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler View Post
why should i remove the pics? im new to this
Because those numbers are the numbers that will track your bike if you activate the lojack
nji911 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 267
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As If some one is going to go looking for that bike now, with those numbers.
kickstand is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well my question was if i could re use the lo jack. or if you can only locate a bike if the numbers are registered in the persons name who bought it
skyler is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Knee Dragger
 
R3TARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
As If some one is going to go looking for that bike now, with those numbers.
SERIOUSLY? search google for about anything 600rr and I'll eat that lojack if .net isnt the 1st 5 links.

Dude take the advice and remove the pics or blot out the #'s.

google + lojack + 600rr = just got me this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duh.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	14980  
R3TARD is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how do i delete the attachments
skyler is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Knee Dragger
 
R3TARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
click edit click go advanced and there on bottom u will have a manage attachments button
R3TARD is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so why did i have to delete them and keep the numbers all secret?
skyler is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 267
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TARD View Post
SERIOUSLY? search google for about anything 600rr and I'll eat that lojack if .net isnt the 1st 5 links.

Dude take the advice and remove the pics or blot out the #'s.

google + lojack + 600rr = just got me this
LOL and so what if it shows up, 600rr and lojack are tags for google, no sh!t it will show up. The reason why you find it at 600rr.net is because you're searching for it lol Welcome to the interwebz R3TARD hahahaha

If someone is going to steal his bike, lojack won't stop them. Especially the numbers on the motion sensor box lol

And to answer the OPs questions, YES you can reuse it. But it has to be on that exact same bike because lojack is registered for the vehicle VIN therefore it is non transferable. The person/dealer you bought the bike from should have made you aware of that.
kickstand is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Knee Dragger
 
R3TARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
think of it as your global tag# with gps attached to it you dont want that on google search queries
R3TARD is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 267
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TARD View Post
think of it as your global tag# with gps attached to it you dont want that on google search queries
omg lol stop scaring him. It works that way, yes. BUT. You need to use their system in order to track the VIN of the vehicle. Good luck with that one. That software belongs to five O
kickstand is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Knee Dragger
 
R3TARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
LOL and so what if it shows up, 600rr and lojack are tags for google, no sh!t it will show up. The reason why you find it at 600rr.net is because you're searching for it lol Welcome to the interwebz R3TARD hahahaha

If someone is going to steal his bike, lojack won't stop them. Especially the numbers on the motion sensor box lol

And to answer the OPs questions, YES you can reuse it. But it has to be on that exact same bike because lojack is registered for the vehicle VIN therefore it is non transferable. The person/dealer you bought the bike from should have made you aware of that.
Ha you are a funny guy but if you were any dumber you would probably sit in the corner and eat your own crap. I didnt search 600rr.net I searched google.com. Its just not good practice imo.
I'll bet your one of those guys with a big myspace and facebook page... eh?

LMAO
R3TARD is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 267
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews


Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TARD View Post
Ha you are a funny guy but if you were any dumber you would probably sit in the corner and eat your own crap.
Riiight...Thank you for displaying your intelligence once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TARD View Post
I'll bet your one of those guys with a big myspace and facebook page... eh?
LMAO
I don't get it ? Maybe you could stay on topic ? Instead of saying random crap and not providing any facts.

Back to the Point here:

THIS IS WHAT YOU SEARCHED FOR: (nice try deleting it from the search box)



THIS IS WHAT YOU FOUND WHEN YOU SEARCHED FOR THAT:




IF YOU SEARCH LOJACK IN GOOGLE YOU WILL NOT FIND THAT THREAD:



So maybe you can fool little kids with your dump search box erasing tricks , it won't pass here. Get educated. You're WRONG. GET USED TO IT.

I'm done with you.

Last edited by kickstand; 05-11-2010 at 09:37 PM.
kickstand is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok so the only person who can find the bike is the cops because their the only ones with the software? and if my bike gets stolen do i need to have the loJack numbers written down or can i just give them my vin number?
skyler is offline  
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 267
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They give you a security key# when you register. Call them.
You might get cheaper insurance because of this, and higher resale value because it sticks with your bike.
kickstand is offline  
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this is probably a stupid question but who do i call?
skyler is offline  
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Training Wheel Hero
 
hondajedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 53
Images: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1-800-4-lojack.....1-800-456-5225

This is the help line, they should be able to walk you through the proccess of getting it back online. Just have your VIN number handy and any aditional info on your bike ( lic. plate number ) etc
hondajedi is offline  
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks for everyones help
skyler is offline  
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miramar, Fl
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaa

What a fvcking R3TARD... hahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post



Riiight...Thank you for displaying your intelligence once again.

I don't get it ? Maybe you could stay on topic ? Instead of saying random crap and not providing any facts.

Back to the Point here:

THIS IS WHAT YOU SEARCHED FOR: (nice try deleting it from the search box)



THIS IS WHAT YOU FOUND WHEN YOU SEARCHED FOR THAT:




IF YOU SEARCH LOJACK IN GOOGLE YOU WILL NOT FIND THAT THREAD:



So maybe you can fool little kids with your dump search box erasing tricks , it won't pass here. Get educated. You're WRONG. GET USED TO IT.

I'm done with you.
Gabriele.amato is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome