What do I do with these cables. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
m0710n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do I do with these cables.

I installed Arrow headers and now I've got these guys just floating here.


It used to be in here. Are the cables removed, zip tied, re-integrated?
m0710n is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0710n View Post
I installed Arrow headers and now I've got these guys just floating here.


It used to be in here. Are the cables removed, zip tied, re-integrated?
i have never done so, but if memory recalls

you can trace those back up to the servo, and disconnect them there, just leave the servo in place else you will throw a MIL light.;


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
m0710n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the servo? I'll go ahead and disconnect them. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much disassembly...
m0710n is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0710n View Post
Where is the servo? I'll go ahead and disconnect them. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much disassembly...
in the back of the battery tray iirc.

sorry i cant be solid clear on these answers as i have an 06, have worked on 07+'s but not often

all i can say, is follow the cable for the most definite answer.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Knee Dragger
 
gtlightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
in the back of the battery tray iirc.

sorry i cant be solid clear on these answers as i have an 06, have worked on 07+'s but not often

all i can say, is follow the cable for the most definite answer.

he is correct, if you look under the tail section you can see it. might have to remove the can to have room to work with though.
gtlightning is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:54 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,589
Thanks: 32
Thanked 63 Times in 58 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
m0710n - I don't mean to hijack your thread but can someone in this thread please clarify for me, what the servo motor specifically controls in the exhaust system?

After searching through a few other threads, people are pointing towards the servo motor simply controlling a valve (open/closing at a specific RPM range) within the exhaust - is this correct? Or is there more to it?


BTW - If the actual servo motor case/housing is cracked (under the seat), will the cables still function ok or will it affect the ECU ? Just want to doublecheck, thanks.
COBRA90GT is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
m0710n - I don't mean to hijack your thread but can someone in this thread please clarify for me, what the servo motor specifically controls in the exhaust system?

After searching through a few other threads, people are pointing towards the servo motor simply controlling a valve (open/closing at a specific RPM range) within the exhaust - is this correct? Or is there more to it?


BTW - If the actual servo motor case/housing is cracked (under the seat), will the cables still function ok or will it affect the ECU ? Just want to doublecheck, thanks.
the servo controls a valve in the exhaust system, which is there to influence the amount of back pressure that exists in the exhaust system, and thats all it does

the ecu does monitor for its functional status so it can alert you to a failure, which would or could be extremly detrimental to performance.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,589
Thanks: 32
Thanked 63 Times in 58 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
the servo controls a valve in the exhaust system, which is there to influence the amount of back pressure that exists in the exhaust system, and thats all it does

the ecu does monitor for its functional status so it can alert you to a failure, which would or could be extremly detrimental to performance.


Man, that was quick - thanks !
COBRA90GT is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
m0710n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I found the servo motor but I am having the worst time figuring out how to remove the cover. Can anyone tell me what I need to remove to get the servo cover off?
Will removing the cables cause the FI light to come on?
m0710n is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0710n View Post
I found the servo motor but I am having the worst time figuring out how to remove the cover. Can anyone tell me what I need to remove to get the servo cover off?
Will removing the cables cause the FI light to come on?
removing the mechanical cables no, removing the wireharness wires, no


if memory serves correctly, you have to access things both from above, and below (seat removed, and under the battery box) to open it up

once there you should beable to pop the wires out of the cam.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
m0710n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I finally got them off. Thanks for all your help tenjin.
m0710n is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Fulton16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: IL, STL area
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so if this is not needed why is it in place?


2008 600RR - Orange/Black

Mods:
Two Bro's Exahust
K&N Filter
Black "Zero Gravity" Wind Screen
Flush Mount Front Blinkers
Custom Tail Light/Running Light
Custom Rear Blinkers
Heat Sheild Delete
Rear Brake Res Relocation
Fulton16 is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
BDT
Moto GP Racer
 
BDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 3,365
Thanks: 21
Thanked 80 Times in 71 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton16 View Post
so if this is not needed why is it in place?
See Tenjin's response below. The aftermarket exhaust pipes don't have servo valve's and run like a straight pipe, but the stock pipes do so you'll have the extra wiring when you replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
the servo controls a valve in the exhaust system, which is there to influence the amount of back pressure that exists in the exhaust system, and thats all it does

the ecu does monitor for its functional status so it can alert you to a failure, which would or could be extremly detrimental to performance.
BDT is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Tdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OWB, KY
Posts: 710
Images: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you wish to completely remove the servo motor, you need to read this. Tdub

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=103279

SAY WHAT!!!
Tdub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome