A quick overview of what I've done to my bike this past month. I did an engine swap because the old one had scored cylinder walls and pistons. Put the new engine in, and it started right up.
I took it for a 2 hour test ride, and it ran great. Upon test riding it, there were only a few issues (fuel gauge at the time wasn't working, but that's because it wasn't plugged in all the way). Anyway, on my way back home I filled the tank up (because I had no idea how much fuel I had), then about 5 minutes from my house my bike started this sputter sound. I thought I had felt a loss of power, but wasn't sure yet. The next morning I had test rode it to see what the problem was, and surely enough there was a definite loss of power while it sounded abnormal. I originally thought it was bad gas, so I siphoned the fuel out of my tank and put some good Shell gasoline in it. Didn't fix the problem.
I eventually noticed, that I had hooked up my hoses on my tank wrong. The other half of the air vent hose I hooked into the overflow hose, and the little end of the air vent hose was just hanging there. I fixed that, and that didn't fix the problem. This was the weird part though. Before I even noticed that those hoses were messed up, I was messing with my bike the day I realized the power loss, pulled the tank up and started it to see if that did anything, and during idle the bike didn't sound abnormal. This is what's weird is that, I was almost positive it had something to do with those hoses because when I removed the hoses the sound went away during idle. The thing is, the sound and power struggle doesn't happen when the bike first starts up. Once I take it out, it starts struggling.
I went back and looked over the wires a little bit, checked the fuel flow rate per the Honda manual, and found out something weird about it. Per the manual, is says to jump the fuel relay, disconnect the hose, and turn the ignition for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds of fuel flow I should get 6.8oz (Not sure on the exact number, but around that ball park). After about 8-10 seconds, I had well over 9oz. I was actually letting the fuel flow into a Camelbak bottle because I didn't have a graduated cylinder, but the measurements went from 8oz to 16oz. The amount of fuel after 8-10 seconds was in between the two. The thing about that is, even if I'm getting more than 12v to the fuel pump, I don't see why the bike would react the way it is.
Anyway, after all that I put Sea Foam in the tank, and the problem still exists. Let me stress, this happens EVERY time I ride. It happens EVERY time I accelerate through all gears. I can't really tell you which RPM it happens because it's kind of random. The bike will sometimes start off then the power loss will come and go and come and go like it's starting to kick off like normal, but in the end it's fucked up. I'm so sick of working on this ******* bike. I'm seriously about to lose my mind. I haven't ridden all ******* summer long because I've been working on this bullshit engine, and this bullshit problem. I got home from overseas a few months ago and all I wanted to do was ride all ******* summer, but I've done nothing but pour money into this ******* bike, and now it's doing this bullshit..... In total I've probably spent about 2K on this thing since I've been home.
Here are some videos of what's been going on. Turn your volume up.
Also, I hear a lot of pops from my exhaust.
Here is what I currently have on my bike.
Leo Vince full system with stainless steel header and carbon fiber muffler
I'm currently running stock air filter.
I used to have a BMC race air filter, but went back to stock because I came to believe that race filter is what allowed sand and **** to get into my engine causing all the scoring along the cylinder walls.
I originally had a PC3 installed, with a custom tune, but haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting to fully test out the bike and work all the kinks out until I install it and get it retuned.
Thanks to those who motivated me to look at the ignition coils because that's exactly where I found the problem. The problem wasn't with the ignition coils itself, but one of the wires connecting to the ignition coils got chopped up by my radiator fan.
I crimped it as a temporary fix, and it runs great now. I plan on eventually replacing that portion of the wire harness.