Vibration - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Vibration

I think my wheels are out of balance but wanted to get some second opinions so if i take it back to where i get my tires mounted and say their out of balance I'm not wrong and get stuck with the bill.

I didn't ride the bike for a few months and then did a few small mods which included new tires and it seems to have more vibration than before which gradually increases with speeds above 65ish and gets pretty much scary in the front end by 120

Bike has never been wrecked only knocked over in the parking lot ounce a long while ago before this started.

Could this be something else or most likely wheels out of balance? Kinda irritating if they are considering i feel like i got fucked as far as price goes as it is, 80$ to mount n balance.

Edit; Bike is 07 Cbr600rr if it matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 05:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the same problem around 120. I'm thinking it's the tires being out of balance as well. Make sure your triple tree is aligned correctly every time it's knocked over too

04 cbr 600RR sold
2010 cbr1k-pita
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tires will do that,

Have you got any weights on the wheels? Does it look like any have fallen off?

I don't like your chances of getting them to do it for free either, they can just say you must have it a pot hole and it must have come loose.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Most motorcycle shops use a spin balancer and they are not as accurate as a static balancer. I use to work at a motorcycle shop and I've seen tires/wheels come off of a spin balancer and not even be close as far as balancing. If you know someone that has a static balancer, take the wheels off and get them static balanced by someone that knows what the heck they are doing. It is also possible that a wheel weight may have fallen off after balancing. One of the things that I always do after I static balance my wheels is to apply a small piece of black duct tape over the weight (I use the weights that have the double sided tape instead of the clamp type) and then you know for sure that the weight isn't going to fall off. Most tires will need to be balanced after mounting, and most wheels are going to be heavy at some spot on the wheel, and many, many, times, it's NOT where the valve stem is. Hope this helps.

Vern....STT Southern Region Instructor

If it ain't fast........It ain't fun!!

2014 Yamaha FZ09 highly modded
2008 GSX-R 750..... Track Bike
2008 ST1300
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just a follow up, apparently the tire was not put on correctly somehow, they had to break the bead change the position of the wheel and rebalance, Didn't know there was a specific way the tire was supposed to go on but apparently there was. pretty happy considering they fixed it free of charge like 3 months after it was originally mounted and balanced.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page