Throttle issues - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Throttle issues

Well i rode my f3 to work on a very windy day and sadly the wind blew te bike on right side. I wasn't present but picked it up soon after. Little rash but nothing wrong until I pull the throttle open and it doesn't snap back. Now it didn't slowly go back it didn't move. I effectively gained cruise control, sounds cool but no thanks I'd like it to snap back where it belongs. Any clues on the issues? The bar may be a little bit off but I don't see how the cables could have been kinked or somehow lost all the lubricant in them over just tipping over. I can still shut the throttle but it's a safety issue and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Demented

Return throttle cable more than likely snapped, or maybe the spring on the throttle body came dislodged. People over at a Honda 600F forum would know better than us.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks man I'll have to check those two out, I'm just trying to fond all possible causes and check them all

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR C View Post
Well i rode my f3 to work on a very windy day and sadly the wind blew te bike on right side. I wasn't present but picked it up soon after. Little rash but nothing wrong until I pull the throttle open and it doesn't snap back. Now it didn't slowly go back it didn't move. I effectively gained cruise control, sounds cool but no thanks I'd like it to snap back where it belongs. Any clues on the issues? The bar may be a little bit off but I don't see how the cables could have been kinked or somehow lost all the lubricant in them over just tipping over. I can still shut the throttle but it's a safety issue and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys
as dumb as this sounds, it might be a simple fix, check if your throttle line is hung up somewhere, like on the resivour or something... Had the same issue, I actually began taking off my cable when I noticed that lul.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

i cant even mess with it untill friday
and friday only till 4 cuz i have work at 5
tomorrow im working 8 am to 5 pm. then ive got a baseball game im going to with family and a girl. so friday morning is my best chance :D watch think though? just lines kinked or snapped? it coulda been lubed better so maybe it just snapped
i honestly think that or it being disconnected would be the easiest things to fix. none of it seems that hard though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page