Wont rev past 13k - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wont rev past 13k

Recently I noticed that when I ride my bike at full throttle and try to take it to redline, at 13k it just cuts power and the FI and HESD lights on my gauge cluster come on.. it scared me the first time it happened bc it just cut off hard with no warning and made me rack my nuts on the tank and slap my helmet on my windscreen.. just curious if anyone can even provide some possible explanations to my problem.. it does it whether i just ease on up to 13k or hard on the throttle and the road is perfectly smooth...still does it. Thanks in advance.

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Demented

It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in.
Ignore demented, he doesnt know shyt. id say, It might be a problem with your TP, CKP, or CMP sensor. You should check that all are working and firmly plugged in......

R.I.P. PHATTY

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

would this fall under a warranty claim?? I have 3 years left on my warranty. shouldnt the local honda dealer take care of it if its something major?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

i would say so.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07rr View Post
would this fall under a warranty claim?? I have 3 years left on my warranty. shouldnt the local honda dealer take care of it if its something major?
Yes it would.

By the way, your body position is horrible. If you're going to take turns that require you to lean that much on the street, at least learn some proper riding techniques and body positioning to avoid being in a situation resulting in a CBB post.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Yes it would.

By the way, your body position is horrible. If you're going to take turns that require you to lean that much on the street, at least learn some proper riding techniques and body positioning to avoid being in a situation resulting in a CBB post.
i agree. learn it, and you will notice, in time, a smother transaction in the twisties and a faster pace. in fact, look at "d's" pic, thats proper riding body posture/ technique.

demented, are you ignoring me? did i piss you off with the hair comment?
and i know you didnt put me on that damn ignore list of yours.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack05 View Post
i agree. learn it, and you will notice, in time, a smother transaction in the twisties and a faster pace. in fact, look at "d's" pic, thats proper riding body posture/ technique.

demented, are you ignoring me? did i piss you off with the hair comment?
and i know you didnt put me on that damn ignore list of yours.
I don't know about proper. People say I ride like Elias, and although his body position looks good, can't really say it's proper.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I don't know about proper. People say I ride like Elias, and although his body position looks good, can't really say it's proper.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

yeah I wasnt in leathers in that picture, I only had riding jeans on with my boots so I was taking it easy trying not to come too far off the bike and not riding too hard.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Demented

Quote:
yeah I wasnt in leathers in that picture, I only had riding jeans on with my boots so I was taking it easy trying not to come too far off the bike and not riding too hard.
That's the poorest excuse for being leaned over that much on the street and not wanting to have proper body position that I've ever heard.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
That's the poorest excuse for being leaned over that much on the street and not wanting to have proper body position that I've ever heard.
ummm, cruising through the mountains?? I wasnt trying to drag a knee, I was simply cruising through north GA
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Demented

Quote:
ummm, cruising through the mountains?? I wasnt trying to drag a knee, I was simply cruising through north GA
No one should ever try to drag knee. Though riding with shitty riding posture while leaned over because you don't want to lean over 'cause you're wearing jeans, is an easy way to drag more than your knee.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
aaron, seriously. if you are just cruising, the bike wouldn't be leaned over that far. i agree with D. poorest excuse not to wear gear or care about proper bp. being that leaned over, you don't really give yourself to much room for error. proper bp, will keep the bike in a more upright position just in case you get into some shyt and need to swerve out the way. gear up and wise up on that bp. it will save your ass.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack05 View Post
aaron, seriously. if you are just cruising, the bike wouldn't be leaned over that far. i agree with D. poorest excuse not to wear gear or care about proper bp. being that leaned over, you don't really give yourself to much room for error. proper bp, will keep the bike in a more upright position just in case you get into some shyt and need to swerve out the way. gear up and wise up on that bp. it will save your ass.
I really wasnt trying to turn this into a "lets evaluate your shitty riding posture in your avatar thread". I just needed help with my bike acting up. But just to clear things up, In that picture I wasnt wearing leathers like a should have been, however I do wear my leathers and boots whenever I ride somewhere. I do need to fix my posture, i know this, but this isnt the thread for riding techniques, nor was I trying to turn this into a clinic. Thanks for trying to help.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Demented

Quote:
I really wasnt trying to turn this into a "lets evaluate your shitty riding posture in your avatar thread". I just needed help with my bike acting up. But just to clear things up, In that picture I wasnt wearing leathers like a should have been, however I do wear my leathers and boots whenever I ride somewhere. I do need to fix my posture, i know this, but this isnt the thread for riding techniques, nor was I trying to turn this into a clinic. Thanks for trying to help.
We're just trying to make you aware and stop you from riding like that before you crash.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
We're just trying to make you aware and stop you from riding like that before you crash.
thanks. Im working on my posture every time I ride
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

wow this thread went to ****...

-05 600RR, Flat black
- Akrapovic SP slip on, Flushmounts, Integrated tail lights, DDM HID's.

http://jakeht.deviantart.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page