Brembo 19RCS banjo issue - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Brembo 19RCS banjo issue

I have the Galfer superbike lines (2 lines from the MC, one to each caliper) on my 07 600RR and I want to use them with my new Brembo 19RCS. I did a search and it sounds like there are some issues with the length of the double banjo that comes with the RCS, when used with Galfer or other aftermarket lines, due to the stack height of the Galfer fittings on the shaft of the double banjo. I have the double banjo that came with the RCS from Brembo, but have not had a chance to do an actual test fit. I need to know if I need to find thicker crush washers, cut down the banjo to keep it from bottoming out, or order a special banjo that is made to solve this problem. It's sunday so I can't call any shops to ask... Thanks for any and all help.

I will forever refuse to recognize the limits that others would place on what I can, and cannot do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:57 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Doesn't galfer give you extra crush washers when you receive the lines? I thought it was safe to double up on those washers IIRC?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihon Newbie View Post
I have the Galfer superbike lines (2 lines from the MC, one to each caliper) on my 07 600RR and I want to use them with my new Brembo 19RCS. I did a search and it sounds like there are some issues with the length of the double banjo that comes with the RCS, when used with Galfer or other aftermarket lines, due to the stack height of the Galfer fittings on the shaft of the double banjo. I have the double banjo that came with the RCS from Brembo, but have not had a chance to do an actual test fit. I need to know if I need to find thicker crush washers, cut down the banjo to keep it from bottoming out, or order a special banjo that is made to solve this problem. It's sunday so I can't call any shops to ask... Thanks for any and all help.
i have the same brake lines bro. you cant use the brembo double banjo. you need to get a single line banjo. thread pitch for brembo m/c is 1.0.
when i ordered the line, i had galfer send me a banjo that will fit the brembo m/c.

you can go to cyclegear to order the banjo. its cheap and cyclegear is open on sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you can use a double banjo bolt and most all do. Yes, when you install it normally it bottoms out before it tightens down on the lines so what you can do is double up the crush washers or better yet grind down the head of the banjo bolt and shorten it and then blow it out with compressed air to ensure no shavings are in there. Just shorten the bolt and you'll be fine. There are lots of 1.0 single and double banjo bolts out there, but you can use the one Brembo supplied if you shorten it. If you have any questions let us know.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
haha, well there you have it. i suppose you can grind it down to shorten it. not my cup of tea. but its an option. ;0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Most all double banjo's are a tad too long. I'm 99% sure the reason is overseas the crush washers are normally much thicker then ours :(
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Doesn't galfer give you extra crush washers when you receive the lines? I thought it was safe to double up on those washers IIRC?
I've heard that doubling them is a workable solution. I installed the lines like 2 years ago though and I don't remember having any extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
i have the same brake lines bro. you cant use the brembo double banjo. you need to get a single line banjo. thread pitch for brembo m/c is 1.0.
when i ordered the line, i had galfer send me a banjo that will fit the brembo m/c.

you can go to cyclegear to order the banjo. its cheap and cyclegear is open on sunday.
I might end up ordering one if I can't get it to work, after doing a dry fit and possibly modding the Brembo supplied double banjo. My work has all the tooling needed to properly shorten the bolt, so it would be done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
you can use a double banjo bolt and most all do. Yes, when you install it normally it bottoms out before it tightens down on the lines so what you can do is double up the crush washers or better yet grind down the head of the banjo bolt and shorten it and then blow it out with compressed air to ensure no shavings are in there. Just shorten the bolt and you'll be fine. There are lots of 1.0 single and double banjo bolts out there, but you can use the one Brembo supplied if you shorten it. If you have any questions let us know.
Thanks for the info. I'll dig through my stuff and see if I have any extra washers, and look into how much I need to shorten the Brembo bolt.

I will forever refuse to recognize the limits that others would place on what I can, and cannot do.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Problem solved. The double banjo and crush washers that Galfer sent me, for FREE, worked out great. I'm just gonna keep the Brembo banjo in case anyone ever needs one. Thanks for all the help people!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page