Popping sound when starting bike, then bike is dead... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Popping sound when starting bike, then bike is dead...

Hey guys,

Had a quick question for ya. I've had my bike parked for about a week or so while I was waiting on my chain and sprocket change. (royal pain in the a$$, but that's another story) Well anyway I finally get everything on, stupidly while I was working on the front sprocket, I disconnected one of the big main coolant lines. Well long story short I spilled a lot of coolant everywhere... I cleaned up and finished the install and went to do a coolant flush, but when I tried to start the bike up to pull the fluid through. The bike suddenly made a loud popping sound (sounded electrical) and then the bike was just dead, the headlights are off, but the front turn signals work... I don't know if the rears work I didn't check yet. It won't turn over, and the dash is blank no lights or anything... I don't remember if the fuel pump was turning over...

Well anyways I plan on checking the fuses and the batt when I get home, and I'll go from there. I was curious is if anyone had an idea what I might have done. Did the coolant maybe go somewhere it shouldn't have? I don't have the chance to look at it till tomorrow, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

2008 CBR 600RR RED/BLACK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Demented

Check the fuses and any electrical wires in the area you were working.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well after checking everything, none of the fuses were bad, and no electrical got wet. So I decided to try and charge the batt, and it worked. So i decided to go get the batt load tested and make sure it's all ok.

And thanks demented for the quick response

2008 CBR 600RR RED/BLACK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page