O2 sensors not connected! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation O2 sensors not connected!

Hi to all!

I bought last year my 600rr 2004 as used.
Three weeks ago i had an accident crash and since i am ok now i start fixing it. i removed all fairings and damaged parts.

The problem is that i noticed that the 2 O2 sensors were not connected anyware! The sensors are disconnected and there are not any plugs coming from wiring for them! So can anyone tell me where are the plugs that should be connected from wiring to o2 sensors?

Firstly i thought that the previous owner had bypassed them,but still if he had bypassed them there should be the plugs someware disconnected, in my bike there are no plugs coming from wiring for the o2 sensors!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I'm might be misunderstanding what your saying but I'll try to help anyway.
First off is your bike completely stock or do you have aftermarket exhaust? Pics would help alot also.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix09 View Post
I'm might be misunderstanding what your saying but I'll try to help anyway.
First off is your bike completely stock or do you have aftermarket exhaust? Pics would help alot also.
I have the stock exhaust. i will post tomorrow pic.

The problem is that the exhaust has 2 o2 sensors But they arent connected anyware (disconnected) and there are no wires coming from the wiring to connect them them.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelorrr View Post
I have the stock exhaust. i will post tomorrow pic.

The problem is that the exhaust has 2 o2 sensors But they arent connected anyware (disconnected) and there are no wires coming from the wiring to connect them them.
So theres no wire running from the servo to the pipe?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

hi
the pipe is not the stock one, it is an leovince and i cant see any servo or wires going to pipe.
the problem are the o2 sensors that are not in the pipe , they are in the header (This is stock one). the o2 sensors are unpluged from the wiring harness. and i cant see the plugs for o2 sensors coming from wiring harness.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

please look at this pic that i found: it is the same exhaust header with mine

there are 2 o2 sensors like mine and they have a plug each to be connected someware,
mine are like in the pic (disconnected) and i cant find where to connect them.

thanks for helping

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I presume that you have the euro model? If so then your exhaust is from another model bike or somehow you have ended up with CA pipes (but I'm pretty sure they only have one sensor?).

Either way, you can just remove the O2 sensors and plug the hole cause they are not used on your model and there is nowhere to plug them in even if you wanted to.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I presume that you have the euro model? If so then your exhaust is from another model bike or somehow you have ended up with CA pipes (but I'm pretty sure they only have one sensor?).

Either way, you can just remove the O2 sensors and plug the hole cause they are not used on your model and there is nowhere to plug them in even if you wanted to.
Hi. You might remember me from such threads as DIY removing your O2 sensors (see my signature). Someone in my thread mentioned that the 'O4s do have two sensors. Why are you telling him that there is no where for him to plug them into? If he has a Euro bike (safe bet, seeing that he's located in Greece), he most certainly should.

Most important question. When your bike is turned on, are you getting a FI light on the instrument cluster?

If you go to my thread, you can see where at least one of the sensors should be located
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=184998

**2006 with Repsol kit**
-Full Akra Ti exhaust
-PCIII
-Flush Mounts
-DIY O2 sensor eliminator
-DIY FE
-Tripage Hugger LED mod (SICK!)
-EVAP canister GONE (must-do for aftermarket plastics on CA bikes)
-6k HIDs
-1/+2 520 conversion
-Black chinese rearsets
-Tinted DB windshield

My $.99 DIY O2 (oxygen) sensor eliminator
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWish View Post
Hi. You might remember me from such threads as DIY removing your O2 sensors (see my signature). Someone in my thread mentioned that the 'O4s do have two sensors. Why are you telling him that there is no where for him to plug them into? If he has a Euro bike (safe bet, seeing that he's located in Greece), he most certainly should.

Most important question. When your bike is turned on, are you getting a FI light on the instrument cluster?

If you go to my thread, you can see where at least one of the sensors should be located
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=184998
Because pretty much only the cali models have O2 sensors, I have an 04 euro model and there is no O2 sensor, and no I don't have a full system.

I just jumped across to your thread (which is a good mod btw) to have a look for that post and I found it, that bloke has an 07 model so yes his would have had O2 sensors on it and further more he has absolutely no idea about why the O2 sensors were put on the earlier models as is evident from his comment about the ecu using it to adjust fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page