06 Permanent turn signal - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
06 Permanent turn signal

Finally getting around to posting this let me know any ideas so I can get this fixed please.

If I turn my right turn signal on, it will stay permanently on (on the display, on rear, on side turnsignal) just one solid yellow on.

If I just turn it off by pushing the button and turn it back on same thing (tried numerous times over and over)

If I switch to the left blinker instead of turning off by pushing the button and then switch back to right I got a 50/50 shot of it actually working. And it will continue to work for maybe 2-3 more cycles of using it then im back to switching left then back right etc. So during a ride I may have to do this numerous times.

The other twist is when it does work it blinks at a differnt rate then my left side (faster).

hotbodies front turnsignals, clear alternatives fender elim.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Demented

Recheck the wiring and make sure nothing is rubbing up on wires that it shouldn't be.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
He needs resistors or a flasher made for leds. It also makes a difference if the bike is running because of the difference in voltage(12.6-14.4).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yep, you need resistors. If you look closely they are blinking very rapidly.

I have (had) ebay mirrors with turn signals built it, some cheapo led flushmounts, and the SDE customs tail light which is a integrated solid state tail light.

It got cold out one day and my blinkers would stay solid unless I gave the engine a little rev...probably related to the stator providing a little current spike/surge.

Even with resistors my blinkers are hyper - but I like that better - IMO more visible to cagers and other riders.

'06 CBR600RR -
'05 RX-8 - corner machine
'90 Nissan D21 4X4 V6 - DD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would just go with a new flasher relay. It is like 20.00 and you just take out old flasher plug in new one and everything works perfectly. Very Simple and much easier than wiring up resistors IMO.

Can't Fix Stupid!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You need a resistor for each signal (left side and right side). I thought when installing my hotbodies that I would only need one resistor for the both sides but after testing the signals and them working to riding the bike and only one side flashing and the other side staying on I put in the other resistor I had so that there is one for the left signals and one for the right signals. No problems since.

2004 600RR Black/Silver

DDM 55W 5000K H.I.D.'s
Custom made fiberglass FE
Black windshield (painted)
Hotbodies flush mounts
yosh full carbon exhaust
PCIII
chrome wheels
custom blue LED lighting
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ok let me clarify about the resistor and the fast blinking, this does not bother me I dont care about slowing down the speed of the flash so there are no resistors currently in there.

I have not checked the wiring yet to ensure nothing is touching or condition of relays so i guess thats my next step. I will get into that this weekend and update. However this is a new issue meaning my lights use to work fine (blinking fast but working) and now all of a sudden this happens, which is why I am confused perhaps somthing went bad? But if thats the case then it wouldnt "fix itself" after switching to left a few times then back to right..... bizare

Thanks for comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page