Cbr problems - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cbr problems

Hello everyone. I'm having a problem with my newly acquired cbr600rr. She runs fine but at times, she shut off and the oil pressure light will come on. I'm not really sure what it's about. I first thought it was saying that I didn't have any oil and since draining it and putting the correct amount in there, it hasn't been stalling. That is, up until last night when I took my gf for a ride. She ran fine and I was about to turn left and I started to downshift and when I hit 4th gear (clutch still pulled in) and about to let out, she died...right in the middle f the intersection and that's where I had to try to find out why it's doing this. Anyone I talk to can't tell me what and I don't have the money to take it somewhere to get it diagnosed. If anyone had had this problem before and wouldn't mind sharing thoughts or tips, I'd greatly appreciate it. Even anyone who works on these bikes and know what's going on with bikes, I'd love to have your input. Anyone who could just give me advice on where to start would be great. Thank you. I can also text so if that would be easier. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Demented

Has the bike ever been in a crash, and is the oil level in the middle of the sight glass with the bike held level?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I'm not sure about it being in a crash. I bought it from a guy and he said that all he did was beat on it. The tires were proof of that. Why do you ask? Could something be wrong?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Demented

Could be some damaged wires, sensors not put back on after fixing damage, BAS sensor not lined up right, loose connection at the fuel pump, anything really.

So you know what kind of maintenance and/or what has been done to the bike before you got it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

E had put an arata exhaust from the headers back. He changed the handlebars. Oh and a power commander mapped to the exhaust. Besides that, I'm not really sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page