AMA Supersport Racer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To see if I can answer a few things that came up in posts since my last.
1. There were no real bumps in the road when it stalled on the freeway.
2. I had the bike out today to warm it up, punched hard a few times with no delay in response.
3. When on a rear stand the oil check looks good.
4. There was no sucking sound from the gas cap when opened after the warm up run.
5. No strong gas smell after shutdown today.
6. Gas used yesterday was from a station I have used before, but not many times. (could be bad gas)
7. I remember that while at two different red lights yesterday there was a smell of gas also. I thought nothing of it at the time as there were other cars around.
8. On the freeway when stalled the RPM gauge was jumping around, and when the clutch went in the oil light came on (like when the key is first turned on).
I think i will have to try the tapping on the throttle housing and kill switch area while running.
From looking around the bike in the sunlight I cannot see anything out of place, leaking, stained from a leak, etc. I will def have to keep the trips short for a while until this either goes away or comes back strong.
2009 Black CBR 600 RR ABS - SOLD
- Leo Vince Unlimited Midnight Exhaust, Unique Motolights HID Projectors/LEDs/Dual Halos, Powder Coated Swingarm & Rear-sets, LP Flushmount Front signals, Moto-Science Ducati Turn Signal Mirrors
[size=1]2010 HD Sportster 48
"Even a pro-level rider wouldn't be able to reach the first-time stopping distance or deceleration rate of the C-ABS bike."
- Sport Rider Magazine