suspension question for my 06 honda! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
suspension question for my 06 honda!

i posted this on the suspension thread and i figured i would post it here too.

I bought my bike a while back and the last owner had it lowered 3 inches.
despite being so low it handle quite nicely to be honest. but i never liked how low it was so I lifted it to the middle setting at 1 1/2 in the back believe and in the front its was lowered 2 inches but i lifted it so its only lowered 1 inch now.
i noticed ever since i did that the turning and cornering was a bit difficult, i really REALLY have to try to turn the bike.
my question is, do i have to adjust the suspension to the soft setting?
when i lifted my bike i didn't mess with any of that because i didn't want to ruin the ride but i dont think it cant get any worse if i do.
any input will help.
thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Lose that lowering link altogether and put the forks back to their stock height. Then you can slowly start adjusting settings to get it where you like it. The most important thing though is setting your sag correctly once you get the bike back to stock. It will never handle properly with it lowered, especially if it is lowered uneven amounts front and back.

First make an "S".............for snake, uh.................I mean.............dragon. Then a more different "S".
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Extending the forks out will increase the wheelbase making the turn in a little slower, but will make it more stable through corners.... I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that the change in geometry will do that I don't understand... someone will chip in...

If your tall enough to sit on it at stock height I would highly reccomend that you put it all back to stock.

After all, why stuff around with something that honda spent a lot of time and money getting the best possible performance out of for the average rider?

And you wouldn't be asking the question if it was necessary to be playing with your suspension geometry and internals beyond simply adjusting them...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
FWIW I ride the CRAP outta my bike with stock suspension all around, and it's pretty damn composed.
100mph around turns is no issue, and it's easily stiffer than my old F3 with aftermarket stuff front (revalved, resprung) and rear (aftermarket adj. shock).

Lowering links and swingarm extensions are common mods you'll find from somebody who also thinks ground effects and chrome rims are WAY cool! Not all the time but you can weed through a LOT of this stuff on your average classifieds listing.
Start stock again and go from there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page