Front rattle/vibrating noise - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Front rattle/vibrating noise

I had rode the bike a couple times without earplugs and noticed a very loud rattle/vibration noise coming from the front of the bike (around the gage cluster area). Only happens when I accelerate and maintaining speeds. I'm thinking it might be the front fairing/windscreen.

Is this normal for 2009's? Before I start taking things apart I want to know if others have this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nope that is not normal for 09's. Have you changed or tweaked on the front of the bike at all, and is it shaky at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I dropped it at very slow speed and had the honda place put all new fairings on one side and they put on a new front fairing aswell. But things don't look out of place everything seems tight. This was done about 2 months ago.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So It wasnt doing this until honda fixed it right, if so I would let them know what is going on or if you are confident on working on your own bike then just go through and re-tighten things

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Does the sound make like a buzzing noise? Like a bee is in your windscreen. If so it's your windscreen vibrating with the upper cowl.

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRida600 View Post
So It wasnt doing this until honda fixed it right, if so I would let them know what is going on or if you are confident on working on your own bike then just go through and re-tighten things
I don't think it did but if so I didn't notice it. I wore earplugs when I first started riding it because the two brothers exhaust is so loud. I bought it used and that was installed on it. I would rather work on it myself just to get my hands dirty lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHECKSHERx View Post
Does the sound make like a buzzing noise? Like a bee is in your windscreen. If so it's your windscreen vibrating with the upper cowl.
Yes, infact it sounds exactly as you describe like a buzzing bee. I've been thinking about it and could be my house key as I have it on my key ring with the ignition key.

Last edited by Orin; 12-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 02:22 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
To test this if its just the windscreen with the upper cowl. When riding just hold the tip of your windscreen and put your head down to hear the buzzing and I bet you it will go away until you remove your hand.

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin View Post
I had rode the bike a couple times without earplugs and noticed a very loud rattle/vibration noise coming from the front of the bike (around the gage cluster area). Only happens when I accelerate and maintaining speeds. I'm thinking it might be the front fairing/windscreen.

Is this normal for 2009's? Before I start taking things apart I want to know if others have this issue.
On some bikes it's normal. It's a easy fix all you need to do is stuff something behind the front fairing right above the air vent. On my 07 it did that when I bought it brand new from the Honda dealership. There are tons of thread on this. Good luck

A SICKNESS FOR QUICKNESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page