Rizoma Zero-11 sporatic blink rate - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rizoma Zero-11 sporatic blink rate

- Rizoma Zero-11 front turn signals with Tripage IT
- Rizoma turn signals installed with both resistors per turn signal that was included
- HID's off
- Installed Rizoma using the green wire as ground and blue wire as power. Did not use the blue wire with white stripe as it's for the running light from what I've read.

While riding and having the turn indicator selected (left or right), it blinks at a normal rate. At a stop, blink rate would be normal then becomes faster. Changed the blink style/rate setting on Tripage IT but it still occurs. Any ideas?

"You could hang yourself faster with your tongue than with a rope"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If your using the Rizomas for turn signals, it should not have anything to do with the IT taillight. The wiring from the bike turn signals should be going to the resistors and then to Rizomas.

Live to Ride...Ride to Live
R.I.P Dad 4/9/07 Love You and Miss you
R.I.P PhatStud
Go 49'ers!!!!!
SF Giants 2010 World Series Champions
SF Giants 2012 World Series Champions
Go Warriors!!!!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Pm tripage he will have the solution for your issue do you have an after market
turn signal relay installed or not ?

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF600RR View Post
If your using the Rizomas for turn signals, it should not have anything to do with the IT taillight. The wiring from the bike turn signals should be going to the resistors and then to Rizomas.
Correct. That's how I have the Rizoma's currently wired. I'm just baffled on why it would blink normal when the battery is under load, assuming it's under load during riding compared to when it's idle. Since the IT has variable settings I thought it would affect the blink rate in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Pm tripage he will have the solution for your issue do you have an after market
turn signal relay installed or not ?
Thanks Moeman. I have not installed an after market turn signal relay. Since the Rizoma came with (2) resistors per turn signal, I figured that it would keep them both at a normal blink rate without the need of replacing the OEM relay. I'll send a message to Tripage.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fc0N_21 View Post
Correct. That's how I have the Rizoma's currently wired. I'm just baffled on why it would blink normal when the battery is under load, assuming it's under load during riding compared to when it's idle. Since the IT has variable settings I thought it would affect the blink rate in the front.

Thanks Moeman. I have not installed an after market turn signal relay. Since the Rizoma came with (2) resistors per turn signal, I figured that it would keep them both at a normal blink rate without the need of replacing the OEM relay. I'll send a message to Tripage.
That is true if your tail light was the OEM tail light but since you have IT
the oem relay can not handle the load that would enable it to produce the correct resistance T will hook you up

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The increase in blink rate is due to the increase in RPM and the subsequent increase in stator voltage.

If its night time, turn your high beam on and rev the bike a little and you will see the light get brighter, same reason as your indicators speed up - and also a good thing as this tells you that your stator and r/r are working correctly.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
The increase in blink rate is due to the increase in RPM and the subsequent increase in stator voltage.

If its night time, turn your high beam on and rev the bike a little and you will see the light get brighter, same reason as your indicators speed up - and also a good thing as this tells you that your stator and r/r are working correctly.
Thanks for the input and I understand the logic but it's actually doing the opposite. The increased blink rate occurs during idle RPM. It's during normal riding conditions/higher RPM's that the blink rate is slower/normal.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fc0N_21 View Post
Thanks for the input and I understand the logic but it's actually doing the opposite. The increased blink rate occurs during idle RPM. It's during normal riding conditions/higher RPM's that the blink rate is slower/normal.
Then your relay has been designed differently, same reason though. It depends on which side of the two transistor flip flop you pull the output from as to what effect differing voltages have.

Close to the schematic of an LED relay (only a couple of things different):

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:04 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
FWIW I have protons up front and a rizoma Fender kit in the rear with Zeros as the turn signals. I notice the same eratic blinking even at idle. It seems to go in a cycle. Both the protons and zeros are blinking at the same time. Bothered me at first but I realized you dont really notice it unless you are looking for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page