Stuff in Your Exhaust? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Stuff in Your Exhaust?

So what would happen if someone randomly (being a douche) stuffed something down your exhaust? What would happen to the bike? How would you get it out?

The reason that I ask is because today, I started to smell onions from my exhaust...I'd like to believe that I'm just being crazy, but it really smells like onions or other food.

So it got me thinking. What would happen if. This can easily happen to any of us since we have undertail exhausts.

Ride as if there is a tomorrow to live for.

FS: Dainese Wave V1 Neck Armor Jacket

FS: Dainese Torque Pro Out Air Boot (Euro 41)

2007 Honda CBR600rr Black/Silver - Stolen May 10, 2013 - RIP Evolet

2008 Honda CBR600rr Red/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You would have a lot of back pressure in the exhaust completely destroying the engine's ability to get rid of the exhaust gasses so once each cylinder has fired a couple of times there won't be any oxygen getting in and the bike wont run...

If its not that blocked then you will still have a bike that runs like crap, and extremely rich which is a relatively safe thing to do...

If you think there is something down there it would be in your best interest to remove it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:
James Wong (05-08-2011)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There would be assault and battery charges.

You'll have to get the slip on off at least. Is there exhaust coming out of the pipe? If, whatever it is, is small enough you may need to take the entire exhaust off to get it out.

Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic

FOR SALE

05/06 OEM Body Parts (Red/Black) Price Drophttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=468281
Track Day/ Race Gearhttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=470449
Leupold 1" Unimounthttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...66#post6155866

Last edited by Bullast; 05-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullast For This Useful Post:
James Wong (05-08-2011)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanks for the responses guys. it seems to be running normally - no extra back pressure or anything. Ran just fine. I rode it hard on the freeway and it felt the same - as strong as ever. I was just worried because I had never smelled that before. And really thought that someone could have been a D-bag and stuck some trash in there or something. I'll fire it up later today to see if it still smells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You would have a lot of back pressure in the exhaust completely destroying the engine's ability to get rid of the exhaust gasses so once each cylinder has fired a couple of times there won't be any oxygen getting in and the bike wont run...

If its not that blocked then you will still have a bike that runs like crap, and extremely rich which is a relatively safe thing to do...

If you think there is something down there it would be in your best interest to remove it...
Thanks. I thought about using a vaccum to suck it out (if there's anything in there at all). I'd imagine if someone did drop something in there, it'll end up at the catalytic converter, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
There would be assault and battery charges.

You'll have to get the slip on off at least. Is there exhaust coming out of the pipe? If, whatever it is, is small enough you may need to take the entire exhaust off to get it out.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I stuffed a potatoe in a friends pickup tailpipe one time to get him back for a prank he pulled on me. He had multiple vehicles so i didnt care if his pickup was out of commision for awhile. ......about 2 weeks l8ter i hear a story from a (second) friend that had helped him out that day work on his pickup. Well as the owner of pickup walked around the pickup to grab a wrench the second friend cranked the engine over and boom! pickup backfired and a flipping potatoe popped out and rolled on the ground at his feet. He was like "that MOTHER *(&^*&^"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You're exactly right. Nothing would make it past the catalytic converter. All you'd need to during is take your pipe off.

Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic

FOR SALE

05/06 OEM Body Parts (Red/Black) Price Drophttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=468281
Track Day/ Race Gearhttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=470449
Leupold 1" Unimounthttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...66#post6155866
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Alright, cool. I guess I'll see if the smell goes away. I really doubt some d-bag would randomly choose to stuff something down there, but it's possible. Thanks for the help

Quote:
You're exactly right. Nothing would make it past the catalytic converter. All you'd need to during is take your pipe off.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

One time it sounded like someone had dropped nuts/bolts down my exhaust pipe, there was this costant rattling noise while running. I was ready to beat somebody's ass for f*cking with my bike.

Turns out that the bolt that goes though the pipe and holds it on was loose. I discovered this after dismantling the whole exhaust, muther-F*cker !!! Damn.

Evolution of a CBR - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=172309 - War Machine: "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." - YouTube - MaximusPrime2010 - Stealth Rider - http://www.youtube.com/user/MaximusP...0?feature=mhum
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
One time it sounded like someone had dropped nuts/bolts down my exhaust pipe, there was this costant rattling noise while running. I was ready to beat somebody's ass for f*cking with my bike.

Turns out that the bolt that goes though the pipe and holds it on was loose. I discovered this after dismantling the whole exhaust, muther-F*cker !!! Damn.
That would really suck if somebody did that....droped bolts down your exhaust pipe. Or change quarters, dimes and nickels.... that would be mean.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

If I caught someone stuffing something in my exhaust, I will be stuffing a .45 down their throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page