OEM rearset (brake side) install gone bad - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
OEM rearset (brake side) install gone bad

EDIT: I found the problem. It wasn't a problem with the cylinder, but rather, it was with the black screw. I kept turning it till the brake light was OFF and then when I applied some pressure on the brake pedal it went off so I kept it set at that spot.

I had a feeling something like this would happen, but decided to do it myself anyway. Hopefully I learn something in the process. Anyway, I took off the brake side rearset and swapped it for another OEM one that I had painted. I put the 2 springs on properly and bolted everything up then turned the bike on (but ignition off) and test the brake. I noticed that the brake lights stay lit up without me touching anything

Then I inspected a bit and saw some clearance between the peg and the rearset. I forgot how it always is, but is there supposed to be this much space or are both parts supposed to be touching?

I don't think so. So I undid everything and noticed that whenever I bolt up the back bolt to the cylinder, the peg moves away from the rearset and the only way it does bolt up is with that amount of clearance. I can't line the two up and bolt it up without that clearance occurring.

What did I do??

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I found the problem. It wasn't a problem with the cylinder, but rather, it was with the black screw. I kept turning it till the brake light was OFF and then when I applied some pressure on the brake pedal it went off so I kept it set at that spot.

Black 2006 600rr l SOLD Dec 2010
07 600rr - sold Aug 2011
07 white/silver 600rr - sold
Current: 2015 1000rr

Last edited by redlinernyc; 05-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page