HELP! bike has spark and fuel but will not start. Tried flooded instructions - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP! bike has spark and fuel but will not start. Tried flooded instructions

Ok first of all i'm a newbie so i would like to apologize in advance for my ignorance. Ok so my bike was intermitantly not starting like it was a dead battery. So this past weekend it stranded me in the middle of the night after a fuel up. In an attempt to push start it i layed it over on its right side ( sore subject ) at most 3mph and decided to get roadside assistance. They jumpstarted me and i was on my way. So i took the battery in and to have it tested/matched up with a new one. So today, 5 days after being stranded, i put the new battery in and all it does is turn over. The fuel pump runs, it is getting spark, i pulled a plug and it looks like there is very little fuel on it. Is any too much? The kill switch is on run. Kickstand is down, and the bike is in nuetral. And from what i understand if theres something wrong with the bank agngle sensor it will not allow it to turn over? Please let me know if there is something i'm missing i need to try. I also have tried starting a few times with wide open throttle.
I have an 06 Honda cbr600rr. The only real mod is a slip on.P lease help guys. thanks! Oh and is there a self diagnostic test?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The BAS is reset by flipping the kill switch off and on I believe. How do you know its getting spark? How do you know its getting fuel?

Tasha
Phatty
Super Sic

FOR SALE

05/06 OEM Body Parts (Red/Black) Price Drophttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=468281
Track Day/ Race Gearhttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=470449
Leupold 1" Unimounthttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...66#post6155866
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I pulled the boot off of the spark plug and put a piece of metal in it and checked for arc on grounded metal. And then i'm assuming theres fuel because i'm hearing the fuel pump turn in before i start it. And thanks on the BAS, I have already done that.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The fuel pump turning on doesn't mean you have gas, it'll do that regardless. Open the tank and look inside, move the bike and you should hear gas in the tank.

Good luck bro.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I just noticed you said you has gas in your heading, sorry I missed that.

Did you by any chance reverse the polarity when putting the new battery in? You obviously got it right now since it's turning over. You might have blown a fuse. I would go through and check all the fuses one by one.

My buddy reversed the polarity by mistake and after getting it right it was doing what your bike is, it ended up being a blown fuse.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well i feel like an idiot. It was just really flooded i guess. I'm not real sure what caused it though. I ended up cranking it for about 15 secs or so with WOT 6 times i think. Waiting about 15 minutes in between. on the 5th time it sputtered for a second. Then the last time it started an ran rough for a bit burning out all that crap. Oh and in those 15 seconds i would let off the throttle and let it choke for a second. I think thats what got it running.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Dude I had almost the exact same thing today. These things are a real pig to start when they're flooded. I got mine going by doing the whole WOT a couple of times then trying to start with the throttle half open. Lots of black smoke but she lives again!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Knee Dragger

S happens Klayford, atleast you got it fixed bro, mine does that sometimes out of the blue, Itll just crank and crank and ill have to flip the kill switch over and over and then itll start, I think my bike has an attitude. Always remember, a motor only needs Fire, Fuel and Air to run....

"Nobody Is Holding You Back But You...Everyone Else Is Merely Watching"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page