Buzzing noise and no temp - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buzzing noise and no temp

Hey guys,
Just wondering if someone out there can help me. I have this buzzing or vibrating noise on my 2006 RR that is driving me crazy. It usually only happens on deceleration and mostly around 6K rpm. It sounds like it is coming from the instrument cluster. I also don't have any temperature reading on my bike, I only get two bars (indicating no reading presumably.) I do know the bike is getting a reading from the TCU because the radiator fan kicks on and off periodically, so my assumption is that the ECU must be getting a reading and activating the fan to cool the bike as required. I only recently bought the bike, and the bike was in somewhat poor condition when I got it because many of the plastic push pins were missing from the bodywork and I could tell the fairings had been removed and painted and poorly reassembled (he also wired up flushmount LEDs with duct tape!!!) I'm thinking maybe some wires or cables are loose behind the instrument cluster and rattling around and perhaps the temp wire has become damaged. Any other ideas??? I'm not really looking forward to pulling the cluster out because I believe you have to remove pretty much all the fairings except the tail to do that... correct?
Sorry for the novel guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
To get to the Cluster, you just need to remove the upper fairing. The largest one up front.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

The buzzing noise is usually you're windscreen, check all the bolts on it to see if any are loose. and if you have extra doo-das on your key that can buzz also

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As above... and could also be the third eye...

As for your temp gauge, check that the instrument cluster is plugged in correctly then check the two plugs under the left hand side ram air cover.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Are the two plugs you refer to supposed to be hidden from view under the ram air cover? I can see them when looking down my forks on the left hand side. Also, in order to get the ram air cover off, do you have to pull the tank cover off? It was mentioned that all I need to do to get the instrument cluster is pull the front fairing off, but in order to do that I need to pull off the front mid fairings and then it looks like I need to pull off the ram air fairings which seem to be covered by the tank cover... is there an easier way?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You just need to undo the bolts that attach the nose to the mids, undo the bolts holding the mirrors on, remove the ram air covers* and disconnect the front harness at the two connectors then with a little persuasion and a lot of care the nose will come off...

*the ram air covers clip into the tank cover, to get them out you need to bend them a little to unclip them at the front then pull them down at a 45 degree angle and away from the center line of the bike.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:
Iceman77 (06-08-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page