Issues after dyno: rev-hang and erratic idle - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Issues after dyno: rev-hang and erratic idle

The bike:
07 600rr
Yoshi s.o
Gutted intake
Air filter
Pc3

I've had it dyno tuned recently and so far I can't complain about the tune. Pulls alot smoother. However since the tune I've noticed a few things. The first of which is it only cold idles for a short period of time now. It used to cold idle for a min or more And now I get maybe 20-30 sec and then it idles down and sounds like crap ( lumpy as hell) Also after the bike warms around 80'c it seems to get a little rev hang and when I stop at a light or something it will act as if it's cold idling. If I shut the bike off then Start it right away it seems to correct the issue for a short period of time. I'm hoping it's not the tune. But just to check I'm going to load up my old map and see what happens. Does anyone have other ideas?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It could be an issue with the map... set it back to a zero map and see how you go.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think I may have found part of the issue. I compared the custom map with the old p.c. Map and found that my custom map had some values in the 0% throttle column. All of the maps that come from power commander have no changes to stock fuel in the 0%throttle column. I reset the column to 0 and it seems to be idling better. Haven t test rode due to rain for the past week. Will update later
One question I did have. Should there be no input in said column ?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did you ever find out what was wrong with it? I noticed my bike rev hangs when i come to a light too, im downshifting through the gears stop at the light with the clutch pulled in all the way and in 2nd gear the rpms are between 2k-2500. Its acting like im holding the throttle open but i am not, if i let the clutch out just a little bit the rpms drop to normal. My bike is stock, ecu maybe?

Future Mods:
-Tires
-Gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page