Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bad Battery???

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Nico 
#1 ·
Hey guys, rode my bike to work today without any problems. When i got off work, it started up just fine and I went home. Let my bike set for about 20-30 minutes then went back out to start it up and it wouldn't start.

It's hard to describe the noise it's making when trying to start it. So i took a video of it for you to see/hear. My guess is the battery is bad, but wanted to run it by you guys first to get your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

'09 CBR 600 RR
2200 miles on it
stock

#3 ·
my bike once did that exact noise that yours made at the start of the video and it turned out to be that my battery connections were loose check them out bro.

#4 ·
Checked out the battery connections and they were solid. I put my trickle charger on it. It was only on there for 10 (maybe 15) minutes and the trickle charger indicated it was fully charge. Tried to start it up again and it started right up.

Very weird. I'm a little scared to ride it to work tomorrow. I would hate for the same thing to happen again while the bike is not at home. It would be a pain to get it back home.

#5 ·
You can bump start it if the battery dies again, with the bike on, just put her in second gear hold the clutch in and get up to a slow jog, let the clutch out and the engine will turn over - just grab the clutch again as soon as it starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.