waterlogged cbr - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
waterlogged cbr

hi, so any help here would be awesome thx. i rode my bike yesterday morning ( a 2005 cbr 600rr completely stock aside from flushmounts and a fender eliminator kit). it rained last night and my bike gets parked outside so it got quite wet. then i went to start it this morning and it ran for about a 1/4 of a second then quit. all the lights still come on and the bike will easily crank. just seems like its not getting fuel. has a new battery in it thats like 3 weeks old. i spratyed out my main harness connecters that i could see and sprayed them with a water repellant and the two fuses that i could find werent blown. so any ideas? i know theres lots of no start bike threads on here but i cant find one thats quite like mine. im letting it dry out for a day and ill try again tomorrow but any thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats weird i leave my bike outside lol it gets soaked sometimes never had any problems
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I also find this strange. I've left my bike in the rain as well as rode it in pretty intense rainfall (WA weather for you) and I've never had a problem. Sorry I can't help you out, but good luck with the fix. If it doesn't start after a day of drying maybe try uploading a vid so the guys on here can help diagnose the problem easier.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fuses are under the left mid fairing... check them and see how you go.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
k. checked fuses. all good. when i tried starting it this morning it once again ran for about 1/2 a second then died. so fuel is trickling in over a certain amount of time? and my fuel pump doesnt prime. which is all waaaaay above my mechanical skill level! so i suppose ill go read some fuel pump threads and book my baby a appointment with honda for monday. thanks for all the tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page