bank angle sensor/ fuel shut off ??? help pleas - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bank angle sensor/ fuel shut off ??? help pleas

well i was recently involved in a accident where a guy rear ened me at 35 mph the bike stayed up right and i flew off from the jolt the bike was never put on its side .when i got the bike back i went and put the key in the ignition and turned it on and nothing happend i checked the battary and it seemed fine all the dammage was sustaind in the rear/ tail end of my bike so hears the question could the back angle sensor have been jolted and cauzed it to cut power or is there another safty shut off on the bike?? keep in mind this is an 05 and the first few times i put the key in and turned it on the dash would light up and the tack would do its sweep it did it twice and now i get nothing ..any advice would be appriciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You will need to be as specific as you possibly can in order to get accurate advice.

How did you get rear ended at 35, fall off, and not have the bike fall over? Where did you get the bike "back from"? What did you check on the battery? Does the instrument panel at least light up, or is it completely dead when you turn the key on? Does the starter try to start the engine? Do you hear the fuel pump energize? Is the fuel pump switch turned to the "RUN" position? Answer these so we can get a better idea of what isn't working.

At this point, I doubt it is the bank angle sensor, but wouldn't completely rule anything out till you give us a bit more insight.

Last edited by JMan33; 05-06-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added another question
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry i see how it could seem a little vague i was it hard enouff that my bike was imbedded in the guys front end of his van it took a wrecker to seperate the the bike from the front end of the van i got it back from my unkle he picked it up from the accident sceane and its a new battery i put it in about a week ago but i just did a visual inspection and last i checked i get nothing at all as far as power like stated befor all the damage was in the tail end and belive it or not it dose not look as bad as you make think altho it is still bad

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do you know for a fact that the battery is not completely dead? I'm sure it isn't, and while you need proper current for the starter to work, the screen needs much less. Still, a battery that is very dead won't help you do anything. Check the battery voltage, it should be at least 12 volts, more like 13-14v. Also, make sure the battery is installed properly. I can't say for '05's but '08 the positive terminal is closer to the rear of the bike and the negative (ground) is closer to the front of the bike. I don't think Honda would change this orientation, but check the owners manual to be sure (if you have it). If you know how it is supposed to be, still wouldn't hurt to check it is installed correctly.

Another good place to start is make sure the fuses are ok, specifically the main fuse (it's a 30 amp fuse, pretty sure everything else is less than 30, so it should be the only one) Check all the other relevant fuses and relays (should be one specifically for the "meter" aka "instrument cluster"). If those are ok, there could be a short in the wiring harness somewhere depending on where the damage is. As you said the damage wasn't too bad, I kinda doubt myself on the wiring harness theory, but if you have no power at all with a good battery, the power is not getting there due to a fuse or a short/cut in a wire somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page