'06 instrument panel issues.. - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
kak
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'06 instrument panel issues..

My buddy was putting some HIDs in his bike yesterday and blew a few fuses when he fired the bike up. He called me up telling me his panel wasn't working, I checked out the fuses, and he had blown two 10s. He went out and got them, we put them in today, and I wired his lights up for him. Bike will turn on now, lights work fine, everything seems fine.. except his panel still isn't coming up. He got the RPM sweep on the first fire, but its stopped after the first time back on. I checked the connection to the back of his panel as well and its as tight as its going to get.

Is there anything else I should be looking at to see whats going on? I'm going to re-check his fuses again to make sure we didn't miss one (or that another blew again), but it seemed like everything was put back together just fine and his panel still isn't firing up.

TIA. Still searching out answers on here, but most are things we've already tried today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
He blew a FEW fuses? I would check all the wiring again because it sounds like one of the 10's is blown again. First you should check the fuse, if its blown then replace it and test by unplugging the new lights and see if the cluster works normally. If it does then turn it off and plug everything back in. If the fuse blows again you know something is wrong.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
kak
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When it didn't work after testing it again, we covered it as we were losing daylight. I'll check it out again when he has some time. The bike has been laid down by a previous owner and seems to have some wires taped up that shouldn't be taped up. Hopefully some wires didn't come loose when they were removing fairings.

The first fuse I distinctly remember blowing (per diagram) was the turn signal fuse. I'll check what the others are when he has time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page