Charging System - Idea's? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Charging System - Idea's?

So let start with, my stock battery lasted me 7 years and 30,000+ miles.
Then I switched to a MOTYDesign Battery last year, and only put about 2000-3000 miles on her, and at the end, when the bike would get warm, it wouldnt start. I would have to push start it. Then I would have the clock reset on starting it sometimes.
I talked with Brian and he said the batteries are more temperamental and thinks I might have an overcharging issue.

I just ordered a new stock battery (should be here Friday). I also have a regulator/rectifier from an 05 cbr 600rr with low miles (had for a few thousand miles). I have HID's (on a switch so I can keep them off while starting), blinkers, and a PC3 (all for many miles problem free).

I just want to know how I should go about chasing down the issue if there is an issue. Starter, or stater? I put the multimeter from the two terminals with no battery and I got infinite resistance with the bike off so I dont think it is draining anywhere.

Also the battery didnt just die. It started fluxing up and down and acting very strange and hold very little. I just want to make sure I dont do that to my new battery. I'd like to get 7 more years out of it with good solid cranking power and no more clock resets or trouble starting from a hot start.

Thanks.

Corey - BSME
BCM, Full Arata Ti exhaust, PC3, etc...

Last edited by CorneliusRox; 05-09-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bumpity bump bump

Corey - BSME
BCM, Full Arata Ti exhaust, PC3, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page