PAIR Mod and Clutch Cover change, Bike no Start - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
PAIR Mod and Clutch Cover change, Bike no Start

First, thank you for your time to try and help me out. I recently purchased a used 07 60rr with about 7,000 miles on it. The previous owner had a slight low slide on the right side. The impact caused a very small oil leak where the clutch cover meets the engine case at the bottom. I put the bike up on stand and went to work. I got the MOD bug, before I replaced the clutch cover I decided to replace the air filter. While I was in there I decided to go ahead and do the PAIR mod. Before I put the Bike together I drained the oil, took off the clutch cover, cleaned it, applied a new gasket seal and put it back together. Then I finished putting the air box back together.

I went to start the back and it just turns over. The fuel pump works, the hose on the very bottom of the air box was pinched so I took everything apart again and un-pinched it. The bike still just turns with out starting. I have searched and read one thread where a guy put a gear in backward. I only want to take the clutch cover off again as a last resort. I put 3 brand new QTs of Amsoil in and would have to have to drain it. Is there anything else anyone can think of that might be causing the starter to turn and the bike to not turning over?

White 07 CBR600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Make sure the tilt sensor is connected and good. And that you properly reconnected your fi controller
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

That did not work.

I am going to take of the clutch cover again to makesure eberything is right. Does anyone have a picture or can describe which way the starter gear goes on?

White 07 CBR600rr

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How long have you been trying to start it? I have an 09 and when I am doing something that requires me to take off the tank and air box the fuel system ends up pretty well drained and it takes a bit of turning over and priming to fire up. I usually wind up draining my battery trying. It can get discouraging if you haven't experienced it before.

09 Frame Slider install
----------------------------------
09 Phoenix
Hyperflo C/F Exhaust-Billet tips
Bazzaz ZFI With Quick Shifter
Bazzaz AFM
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Forward Powersports 525 -1/+2
Pazzo Shorty Levers-Black with Gold Adjusters
Anodized Gold Swing-arm Spools, Bar-Ends With RR Stamp & Wind-screen Bolts
White Vortex Frame Sliders
OEM Pearl White Solo Cowl
H/B Flush Mounts
Tinted Windscreen
C/A Integrator & F/E
Cortech mini Tank Bag

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I hooked it up to a tender and have tried cranking it for some time now, no luck. I put the key in the ignition and turn it to on. The gauge does its thing. I then turn on the engine switch, the fuel pump primes. The kick stand is up, the bike in neutral and the clutch pulled in. I go to start and all the starter does is spin.

After some more research I think that I have narrowed it down to two potential problems.

1. I installed the starter gear backward when I put the clutch cover back on, causing the starter to just spin.

2. I unbolted the CKP from the case when I took the clutch cover off. I may have put it on backwards.

Before I take the case cover back off, does anyone have a picture, diagram or brief explanation of what right looks like so that I can make sure that all of my ducks are in a row in the clutch cover and go on to further troubleshooting if the bike does not start?

Thank you for your guys help thus far.

White 07 CBR600rr

Last edited by SeanO; 05-14-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: CKP (Crank Position Sensor) Not the knock Sensor
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

***FIXED***

My CKP was on backward.

Thank you for the help guys.

White 07 CBR600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page