So I put up a video a couple weeks ago on the maintenance forum asking about a cough my bike seemed to be developing while at idle.
Here's the link: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=282980
Just under 13k kms
Yoshi exhaust slip on
It seemed to go away for a little bit but I have narrowed when it acts like this.
1. While warming up the bike is fine
2. Once up around 180F + it starts to cough/misfire? at idle and below around 2-2.5k revs --> revs sit around 1500 but drop to around 1200 and back up pretty quick, sounds kind of like purrrrrrrrcoughpurrrrrcoughpurrrcoughcoughpurrrrrr coughcoughpurrrrcough
3. Once I am passed 2.5-3k revs the bike sings awesomely and has no issues whatsoever up to 14k revs - haven't had it past that
4. It doesn't stall or cut out at all
5. Acceleration from stop is rough as well due to low revs
There is also a consistent ticking sound that increases speed as revs increase and it sounds like it is coming from right side of engine. Is that the CCT needing to be checked or should I be concerned about valve adjustments?
Things I think I can rule out are fuel lines, pump, filter, probably not sparkies or timing? I assume this because the bike is running fine at higher revs and I would think I would get similar symptoms throughout revs if these were an issue.
Could it be ICS, TPS, fuel/air mixture? I will be tearing the bike down soon as I'm getting new fairings from auctmarts and want to pull plugs, test some wiring and replace air filter.
Any thoughts or things I should be concerned about?