Temperature - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Roman06cbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Temperature

I got a 06 Cbr rr need some advise. I searched the forums couldn't really find anything helpful. When idling my temp has been rising pretty fast. I know its not considered hot until bout 140 but this just started recently. Once I take off it slowly drops like its suppose to, my fans turn on normally as well around 220,, my temp used to hover around 185 most of the time and would go up occasionally like normal.

I was thinks about flushing the radiator since I haven't done that since I've had it and its runnin a bit close to the low line. My bike has 9500 miles..
Any tips on flushingout or advise on this issue would be helpful thanks..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
Roman06cbr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
CombatWombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 432
Thanks: 9
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
could just be the fact that its getting hotter outside, and unless the bike is staying at 220+ and not going back down I wouldnt worry about it that much. Ive heard good things about engine ice though.

2006 CBR race bike. got it from Rossi himself. I promise
CombatWombat is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman06cbr View Post
I got a 06 Cbr rr need some advise. I searched the forums couldn't really find anything helpful. When idling my temp has been rising pretty fast. I know its not considered hot until bout 140 but this just started recently. Once I take off it slowly drops like its suppose to, my fans turn on normally as well around 220,, my temp used to hover around 185 most of the time and would go up occasionally like normal.

I was thinks about flushing the radiator since I haven't done that since I've had it and its runnin a bit close to the low line. My bike has 9500 miles..
Any tips on flushingout or advise on this issue would be helpful thanks..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
you didnt search hard ... do me a favor, go to the trouble shooting section of the forums, and look at the second stickey

or observe my signature link.....


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
once you read my sticky thread

you will know what temps you need to remain between

as long as you are maintaining those temps, you are fine.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Roman06cbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatWombat View Post
could just be the fact that its getting hotter outside, and unless the bike is staying at 220+ and not going back down I wouldnt worry about it that much. Ive heard good things about engine ice though.
Thanksill look into that..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
Roman06cbr is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Roman06cbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
once you read my sticky thread

you will know what temps you need to remain between

as long as you are maintaining those temps, you are fine.
Thanks Tenjin. I relax a bit on the temp. I think I should still go ahead and flush out radiator so ill know what I have in there.. what would you suggest..?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
Roman06cbr is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman06cbr View Post
Thanks Tenjin. I relax a bit on the temp. I think I should still go ahead and flush out radiator so ill know what I have in there.. what would you suggest..?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
if you dont know wacha got in there, refreshing the fluid couldnt hurt.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Roman06cbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
if you dont know wacha got in there, refreshing the fluid couldnt hurt.
What would you suggest. I stay in Texas and I read a few reviews saying watter wetter was better than engineering ice.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
Roman06cbr is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
tenjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,768
Thanks: 36
Thanked 367 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman06cbr View Post
What would you suggest. I stay in Texas and I read a few reviews saying watter wetter was better than engineering ice.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App
50/50 glycol
water wetter
or engine ice

your going to see about the same running temps from any of them

because we have temp regulator (thermostat), which will keep the temp regulated so it REALLY doesnt matter ... untill your beating things up so bad that a standard coolant mix wont work.


DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

tenjin is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
speeddeamon88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,583
Thanks: 222
Thanked 101 Times in 91 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea i was all worried bot mine because of bugs but cleaner her up with a hose throguh both sides and no issues at all. was running between 175-180 in 90 degree weather. i was happy.

MachineGunMyers - Xbox gamertag
The X's #1 Fan™
speeddeamon88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome