2003 electrical issue - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 electrical issue

ok guys just got this bike and havnt even been able to ride it. if i cant fix this issue its gonna be a track only bike pretty soon.
issues are as follows,
got new turn signals for the front wired them up flipped the left turn signal switch and the right one turned on and stayed on... pushed it the other way for right and the left one turned on and stayed on so i pushed the button in to turn it off and the right one turned on and stayed on??? idk waht the deal is with that ive traced the wires all the way through nothings wrong with them.. any ideas let me know
tail light- stays on with the front brake released turns off when i engage the front brake.. rear brake pedal has no affect on it whatsoever.. any ideas? i have traced the wires all the way through and found nothing..
this is my first jap bike so im not to familiar with them..before this i had a 2007 aprilia rsv1000 before that i had a 2000 aprilia rsv1000... so this is new to me.. any help you can give much apreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok so i went to plug the tailight back in after getting rid of some dust and it popped and now nothing turns on at all... i obviously have some sort of short somewhere and i cant figure it out ive had the entire bike apart and havent seen anything out of the ordinary except cut wires for the rear turn signals which wouldnt cause a short? 60 people have viewed this and none of you can help me? ive checked all fuses and relays and every inch of wire that i could find.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Okay there is a possibility that your brake pedal is stuck... it has a pressure switch attached to it which controls the light. It sounds like the tail is staying lit because of this.

Conclusion.... check the pressure in the pedal. It may appear fine but loosen it up some to double check.

The issue with the turn signals could simply be the fact that it is a crappy product. I've seen some systems with such symptoms as you describe only work correctly when the bike is engaged and in motion. Why this is sooo I have no ideal.

3rd... the tail light pooped? Ugh did you install it correctly? Check the fuse box located on the left hand side under the mid fairing. There you will find a small box with a list of fuses. Find the appropriate one and check for a blown fuse.

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page