Having a few issues with the rr... - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Having a few issues with the rr...

Long story short I was in an accident a few months ago. Got hit by another rider and pretty much low sided on the left side. The shop checked everything out and everything that was broken has been fixed and/or replaced. But now I'm having some issues. After forking out 2 grand I would like to try to see if I can fix these issues myself before forking out more cash to the shop.

1. My fan's aren't working. Someone mentioned a sensor or fuse might be out? How do I check this?

2. My shifting is occasionally sticking in neutral, or not finding neutral at all. If I'm riding and shifting from 1st to 2nd, it sometimes hits neutral, then I have to shift again to get to 2nd. Also when stopping, I can't find neutral... I just down shift, down shift, down shift 5 million times and then it hits.

3. My rear brake is not working. The pads look good to me, but when I push the peddle we don't stop. I thought there was air in the lines, so I bled them with an actual bleeder, but it still no worky.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed. Thank you in advance. :)

Check em out! P1/SCRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Aparently no one knows anything about 600rr's on this forum....

Smh

Check em out! P1/SCRC
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD.HEAD View Post
Long story short I was in an accident a few months ago. Got hit by another rider and pretty much low sided on the left side. The shop checked everything out and everything that was broken has been fixed and/or replaced. But now I'm having some issues. After forking out 2 grand I would like to try to see if I can fix these issues myself before forking out more cash to the shop.

1. My fan's aren't working. Someone mentioned a sensor or fuse might be out? How do I check this?

2. My shifting is occasionally sticking in neutral, or not finding neutral at all. If I'm riding and shifting from 1st to 2nd, it sometimes hits neutral, then I have to shift again to get to 2nd. Also when stopping, I can't find neutral... I just down shift, down shift, down shift 5 million times and then it hits.

3. My rear brake is not working. The pads look good to me, but when I push the peddle we don't stop. I thought there was air in the lines, so I bled them with an actual bleeder, but it still no worky.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed. Thank you in advance. :)
you arent far enough to get to 2nd, short shifting. Or could need an oil change is why. use amsoil. and the rear brake unless u stand on it, really shouldnt lock up. it is used for very minimal and emergency braking only. I use mine, but like everyone says use it like 80-20. But you shouldnt just be using it to stop, mainly the front. O and i fuses and relay's are on the left side under the fairing

MachineGunMyers - Xbox gamertag
The X's #1 Fan™

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD.HEAD View Post
Aparently no one knows anything about 600rr's on this forum....

Smh

1. Fans come on at quite high temp on the RR. What is your normal operating temp?

2. When last did you do a service and oil change? Mine started giving the same issues until I did an oil change. Used Motul 5100. Feels like a new gearbox.

3. On my RR the rear is also useless as a stopping tool but I prefer it that way since I wont be able to lock up the rear.

What model RR do you have?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You can jump the fan switch to make sure the fan itself is working,unplug it at the fan and jump the two terminals,if it comes on you know the fan works,then start working back from there,check the fuses and relays.

I'd do a oil change first,have had some other customers say the same thing,that their shifting would feel like it was getting harder and harder to do,oil and filter change,back to normal.

If you feel like you wanted a stronger brake feel in the rear you might wanna check into a stainless brake line.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmuRRf View Post
1. Fans come on at quite high temp on the RR. What is your normal operating temp?

2. When last did you do a service and oil change? Mine started giving the same issues until I did an oil change. Used Motul 5100. Feels like a new gearbox.

3. On my RR the rear is also useless as a stopping tool but I prefer it that way since I wont be able to lock up the rear.

What model RR do you have?
1. Normal temp is 172-175. Ill get stuck in traffic and it'll jump to 225, with no fan. No fan either when I stop.

2. Just did an oil change.

3. I'm a track rider I never use my back brake, but I want it if I need it.

08 600rr

Thanks for the help guys.

Check em out! P1/SCRC
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
VP of Metal Operations

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
If it doesn't go above 220-225 your fan is working fine. You can also swap your fan relay with the lights relay if your lights work after then you know relay is fine. Not sure what year you got but there should be a slim box near your battery under your seat with fuses and relays. The cover of the box should have the relay and fuse diagram.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
VP of Metal Operations

Feedback Score: 33 reviews

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I will check that tonight

Check em out! P1/SCRC
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkslingerxx View Post
If it doesn't go above 220-225 your fan is working fine. You can also swap your fan relay with the lights relay if your lights work after then you know relay is fine. Not sure what year you got but there should be a slim box near your battery under your seat with fuses and relays. The cover of the box should have the relay and fuse diagram.
how? the fan comes on at 220 and 220 only. Not 223,225-220. If it isnt coming on at 220 then something isnt right.

MachineGunMyers - Xbox gamertag
The X's #1 Fan™
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
As for the shifting, I a similar problem to the one you're having. All I did was disassemble the entire shift rod and assembly, and then put it back together following the user manual. This fixed my problem - and hopefully it fixes yours. If it doesn't, you might have a problem with the gears/clutch plates.

For the rear brake...if it's not air in the fluid, check if the brake pedal is actually compressing the rear master cylinder when you push down on it. Then try taking the rear caliper off the wheel and pressing down on the brake pedal and check if the pistons engage or not.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

This weekend is going to be bike maintenance weekend. Fans are definitely still not coming on. I'm going to try to swich the relays like someone said and see what that does. With the shifting.... no really update on that. If I think about being super smooth with my shifts, it doesn't happen.... so idk. Back brake.... I have reasons to believe I blead them wrong. I going to get someone to help me do it again and see what happens.

Thanks for all the tips... keep them comming.

Check em out! P1/SCRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page