03 cbr600rr with pc3 fuel pump wont kick on! - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 cbr600rr with pc3 fuel pump wont kick on!

I have a 03 600rr with just over 6,000 miles on it, and dumped the bike early august of this year!! I scraped up the plastics a bit and did all the body work on it and got it all painted up looking good! Now just this past saturday me and a buddy were finally putting the bike back together, and finally got to the point where we installed the battery and were ready to fire it up. Turned the key, and realized that the fuel pump was not priming at all. started digging around and also realized power commander was not turning on. eventually found that the PC3 was not grounded. Hooked it up to the negitive side of the battery and tried again. Once more the fuel pump was not priming, nor was the power commander on. The weird part is that the day after the wreck and a couple days after the wreck the bike fired up no problem. The only couple things i can think of would be the tip sensor was mounted under the cluster incorrectly...ive been trying to wrap my head around this for the past couple days! I dont know if my power commander went bad over the month it was sitting, or if its my fuel pump, or tip sensor.. everything else on the bike comes to life when you hit the key! PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Sounds like the tip sensor or a blown fuse
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

fuses look good! If it was the sensor would that restrict the power commander from not turning on? Is there any way to visually see that the tip sensor is mounted correctly?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Training Wheel Hero

IMO you have a short in your harness somewhere. Good luck finding it is all I got to say. No you can't see the BAS without taking the dang front end apart I don't think :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page