'03 Rectifier Heat Shield Issue? - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'03 Rectifier Heat Shield Issue?

Sorry about this... I searched and searched but I couldn't find some old threads that talked about this.

I have an '03 and many times I've started the bike up in the morning and rode to work on a hot day. After shutting it down the bike won't restart.

The dealer told me that I needed to get a tender and I understand that (and just bought one). But hold on a sec... what is really happening... it starts fine after sitting all night... just won't start after getting really hot.

I read that the '03 doesn't have some sort of heat shield that the '04 and '05 has that protects the rectifier. When I mentioned this to my Honda dealer he told me not to believe what I read on the web.

Can someone give me closure on this? Is there a part number or some thing I can show the dealer to prove to him that this battery issue isn't due to battery maintenance?

Please help!!!

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

Tell his dumb ass to look it up in an official honda Mirco fiche. Yes some of the '03s have the problem. Not all of them. I keep my bike on a Tender and don't ride with the High beam on all day.The '04 looks like this. This is the ONLY diff between the '03 and the '04 besides color.
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_04...re_harness.cfm

And if he doesn't beleave u because he still has his head up his ass tell him to call me on my cell.

Marshall
Red '03 #678
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Nice... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

I think many of us owe you one man... this is perfect.

If the dealer gives me any lip service now I'm gonna pull his head out of his ass and shove this down his throat!

'cause what I'm worried about is that even with a tender I'm gonna be riding someday for hours in hot weather and it's still not gonna start up after I take a break. sheesh.

thanks again man!

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page