Fender Eliminator help - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fender Eliminator help

Ok so im putting on my Competition werks FE. I get to the turn signals(lockhart phillips) and I can't tell which is the hot wire and which is the ground wire. They are both all white. Anyone ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

got a test light?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 PM

Are they LED's of bulbs?

Do you have a volt meter with resistance meter on it?

If they are bulbs it should not matter

If they are LED's If you have a meter set it to measure resistance put the red lead on a wire and the black lead on the other. If you have low resistance showing than the Red lead is the positive. If you are showing high resistance than the black is the positive.

If you don't have a meter simply touch the two wires to your battery for just a split second. If they light than the wire touching the positive is positive. If they do not light right away take them off right away switch them around and try again.

I would rather check them with the meter than hooking them straight to the battery. LED's only work in one configuration. Hooking them up backward for just a little bit should not hurt them but I won't make any promises.

Might want to try a 9V battery out of a smoke detector or something for testing.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDTribalRR
Are they LED's of bulbs?

Do you have a volt meter with resistance meter on it?

If they are bulbs it should not matter

If they are LED's If you have a meter set it to measure resistance put the red lead on a wire and the black lead on the other. If you have low resistance showing than the Red lead is the positive. If you are showing high resistance than the black is the positive.

If you don't have a meter simply touch the two wires to your battery for just a split second. If they light than the wire touching the positive is positive. If they do not light right away take them off right away switch them around and try again.

I would rather check them with the meter than hooking them straight to the battery. LED's only work in one configuration. Hooking them up backward for just a little bit should not hurt them but I won't make any promises.

Might want to try a 9V battery out of a smoke detector or something for testing.
Awsome thanks for the help they are just the bulbs. Was just worried about burning them out if I hooked it up worng. I really didn't want to put the battery back in just to test it. I know im lazy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can you post pics when you are done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page