Messed Up Scorpio Install HELP - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Messed Up Scorpio Install HELP

Im having trouble getting my scorpio i500 to work properly. I got the adapter for the 600rr. Im having some wiring issues. I found the blue and orange tabs for the blinkers. I cant find the green tab or wire for the ground. And for the taillight, it says its supposed to be brown but the only other tab I could find on my bike was a white one right next to the blue and orange. Whenever I plug the harness tab into the white tab from my bike, the alarm chirps, is this normal. I noticed the harness made for the 600rr only has 3 connector tabs. But the install requires 4 different wire. The funny this is that the two gray wires from the adapter harness have their own connectors, so one goes into the blue, the other into the orange. The harness also has the black and orange wire that I need but both those wires go to one tab, so it looks like my ground wire and tailight wire go to one tab on the adapter harness. This is the one I plugged into the white tab comming out of my bike next to the blue and orange. I lloked all over my bike for a brown tailight wire but cant find it, but i dont think you need it anyway. the only one I found was the white one, so i assumed it was for the tailight. Im lloking all over for the ground wire which is supposed to be green but cant find it. Even if I did find it, I dont have a 4th connecter, i only have three. The ornage and black wire go to the same tab.

Also there are major problems with the remote, when I arm the bike the lock icon doesnt show locked, its stays wit the unlocked icon, however the alarm did chirp 3x like its supposed to. I shake to front and gas tank of the bike like crazy but the alarm doesnt go off, however if i kick at the tires lightly it will. I can't change the sensitivity or tone or make any adjustments on the remote, whenever I try to change the sensitivity on the remote is just chirps at me and does nothing.

Should I take this to a shop and have it done. The only problem I see is that I cant find the brown tailight tab or the ground wire tab (green) the only tab I was left with from my bike was a white one, and so I plugged my 3rd harness plug into it which has a orange and a black wire to it, which I'm assuming stands for the ground and the tailight, but arent they supposed to be different?

Last edited by BronxPlaya05; 10-26-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nevermind, I fixed it, everything was connected properly, i just had to re-encode the system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page