radiator and fan - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
radiator and fan

in june i was in an accident .. and now i'm almost done repairing most of the damage, or at least enough to drive it safely on the streets.

in the accident (t-boned a truck that turned left in front of me at 40 or so mph), my wheel got push into the radiator and bent some parts of it. It DID NOT leak a drop of coolant, for money purposes, this will be okay to ride with, at least for now, right?

my 2nd question if about the radiator fan. it got damage a little as well. It looks straight and ok, but when you spin it, you can tell the shaft the fan is connected to is bent because it wobbles noticably (think of an unbalanced wheel). Will this be okay to use? Could anything bad happen from using it?

i need help! thanks

2002 BMW Titanium Silver Metallic M3
2001 BMW Alpine White 330Ci
2003 Honda CBR600 RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 PM

the radiator depends on how bad it is... pics would be nice. if the tire just touched it and bent a few fins than its fine.... but if there is a huge circular tire dent in the middle of it... i would say no. if he turned in front of you shouldnt he be payin for it anyway?

the fan, if it even spins at all under power, will wobble and make a bunch of noise. if it doesnt spin your bike will overheat which it might even do anyway if your radiator is messed up too bad.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

ya they should be paying for everything .. but i got blamed for it cause some "witness" from 400 feet away said it looked like i was going 50 in a 35 and some other stupid **** (not true) ... so i got a negligant driving ticket and blame put on me ... and now their insurance will not take responsibility and i have 50k in medical bills, totalled bike, along with tons of other bils and things that affected me.

so, i'm suing them.

i will try and get pics of the rad and fan. I'm thinking the rad might be ok, it doesn't leak and the damage isn't too bad, but i'm really not sure about the fan. but ya, i'll try and get pics.

2002 BMW Titanium Silver Metallic M3
2001 BMW Alpine White 330Ci
2003 Honda CBR600 RR

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Does the fan kick on? if yes.. use it.

I think you will need to replace the radiatior due to the fins on the radiator will be bent from the wheel and will overheat the bike.

theres a radiator and fan for sale on a race board for 150, I could post up the link if you want.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

well if you do ride...make sure you don't over heat....keep an eye on your temp gauge...and make sure that fan comes on at the right temp. i believe it's 190

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,545 Times in 2,157 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
the fan should come on when the temp hits 220 to 222 F

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page