HID Gurus.. need help - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HID Gurus.. need help

Alright.. so my HID experience has been a bit .. disappointing.

Havent ridden my bike for 2 weeks. I turn on the bike, switch on my toggle switch, and the lights dont work. I experiment for a while (get the bike temp up.. shake it..etc.) still nothing.

I decide to open up the wiring and i start with the highbeam/right. I take the highbeam ballast wires out of the stock 'plug' and the other headlight/left works? Im very confused at this point. I put the highbeam/right headlight wires back in the stock plug and now highbeam/right works too. I figured loose wires.. and i enjoy the ride. That was last night.

Today morning.. again the lights dont work. So i do the same thing and take out the high beam/right wires .. works. Then i decided to place the stock capsule (H7) in the high beam stock plug.. Now nothing works.

Im confused here. So i also begin removing the ballast wires from the headlight/left stock plug and replace it with the stock capsule (H7).

Even the H7's dont work now.. and im getting really worried. All the other lights/signals work tho.

For those who arent clear about my HID wiring.. its integras HID kit installed with a toggle switch. The setup is the same to the stock (as in left will be on, and the right will need the highbeam switch to turn on)

Local bike electricians really suck here. What should i do???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:34 AM
cvlighthouse

Sounds like you have a blown fuse. You need to secure your wires by way of connectors or solder. I bet that's why they were tripping out and eventually blew a fuse.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man. You were right. But...

I turned off the bike.. turned it back on.. and i blow the fuse. I just dont get it

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 AM
cvlighthouse

Well it sounds like you don't have a switch on your HID's so everytime you run your battery low and then turn your bike back on it tries to power up the Lo beam ballast before start up. If you had a inline switch you could turn off the HID lo beam, start the bike and then turn the HID back on. Your best bet would be replacing that 20 amp fuse to a 25 (and people will jump all over me for telling you this.) It is totally common that the drain of the HID light pre-startup causes that fuse to blow. Once you change it out to a 25, your fuse blowing problems are over. I may even have a 30 in mine.. ;)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

great stuff man. thanks.

I DO have a toggle switch. it doesnt solve the prob. Do u think a 25A fuse would solve the prob? i never had any trouble
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 AM
cvlighthouse

Ya, a 25 amp should do it. Try it and let us know how it worked. You may have a dead stock battery worst case scenerio. A replacement w/ a batterytender JR would be your next step. GL!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Careful not to go too high on the amp rating of the fuse, the next thing to start melting could be wiring!

'04 Candy Blue CBR 600RR
Yoshi RS5 Full System
BMC Air Filter
PCIII usb
Arrow rearsets
Renthal 14/46 sprockets with 520 chain
Emission system fully removed
APR Racing brake pads
A few other minor mods that I can't remember now.

"Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

hmm even more confused now. The fuse wasnt it!
I noticed that i was just a bit impatient.. if i turned on the light and waited for 30-60 secs it would turn on?!?!?!!

this is also applicable if i use the h7 bulbs.. so the ballasts and hid capsules arent the problem??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
cvlighthouse

Maybe it's the battery then? (scratches head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page