Brake loses pressure - 600RR.net
Troubleshooting Having trouble with your bike? Common know issues or trobuleshooting questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake loses pressure

When I first try to use the front brakes, I have to pump it to get pressure. I've bled the brakes and it still does it, but it stays pressurized for slightly longer. Anyone know what could be wrong?

How can I tell which caliper to rebuild or if it's the master cylinder? Where do I get the rebuild kits? I've looked around and cant find them anywhere.. help!

2003 CBR 600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 04:44 AM
World Superbike Racer

Have you experienced it before? Or did it just start happening? How did you bleed the brakes? How was the condition of the fluid -- clear, or opaque?

There's really no such thing as a pre-packaged "caliper rebuild kit". If you want to rebuild them, just disassemble them, clean them real good, and put everything back together. It's not mandatory to buy new seals as long as they are in good condition. (But if you want to replace them anyway, go to your local dealer or check RonAyers.com. There are 2 different seals per piston).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Training Wheel Hero

maybe your brake discs are warped?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 AM

i was going to say lines but doesn't seem like your loosing fluid... when you installed it did you keep adding pressure (while filling) before you pop the top back on?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdevil
i was going to say lines but doesn't seem like your loosing fluid... when you installed it did you keep adding pressure (while filling) before you pop the top back on?
Yeah, I'm not losing any fluid. The fluid that I replaced was a little dirty though. I just got the bike, it was sitting for about 6 months so I don't know if it was doing it before. It has a brembo m/c with ss lines. I bled it from the caliper using a bleeding pump, I got all the air out before I closed everything up. Any ideas?

1millionRR, did you mean the brake pads or the rotors? The brake pads were replaced not too long ago.. and the bike only has a little over 2k miles on it.. it was dropped though, so maybe it bent something somewhere?? the brake lever is snapped off at the end and twisted a little.

Thanks for the replies
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 PM

im having the same problem, and i found out that the rotor is bent a little bit . cek your rotor
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

The rotors are straight. I've noticed that it holds pressure for a while as long as you dont move the bike. So as soon as I start riding, it completely loses pressure then i have to pump it and then it loses pressure again. I'm just going to rebuild both calipers with new seals, anyone know where I can find the seal for a brembo master cylinder??
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sounds like a bent rotor to me. i'd double check them for sure.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

What's the best way of checking if it's straight? I rolled them and looked for a good 15 minutes and they look straight to me.. ?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
they are semi-floating, just spinning the tire isn't gonna tell you the whole truth. youre actually gonna have to take them off the bike to tell.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Well, that sucks. That explains the rubbing sound I hear when I try pushing it.. I'll try to take it apart and see which one it is. Are the left and right rotors the same? or do I have to find a left or a right? I'm pretty sure it's the right, since it was dropped on that side.

Is it fixable or is it easier to just buy another rotor? Thanks for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page